What If We Make The Donor Area Wider

Jerry239

My Regimen
Reaction score
So from what I know the problem with people in their early twenties getting a transplant is that when future hair loss is considered and if they run out of donor hair they will have unnatural look. But what if the hairs that are supposed to fall last (the hairs which last longer) are transplanted into the frontal hairline and the DHT resistant hairs next to that. So that they will have their original hairline during their young years and when they get older they will have slightly receded hairline like most men. They can make the frontal hairline last longer by using medications. Of course they will have to spend more money but it will be worth it.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about this theory too. The problem is if you put hair that is susceptible to dht as your hairline, there's no guarantee it will fall out in uniform. So after like a year even if you lose a small amount of those hairs it could destroy the whole cosmetic makeup of that hairline.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I have heard of some surgeons who use beard hair on men to supplement the donor hair as well. Some even use body hair such as chest hair or even leg hair to try to thicken up a hairline.

Jerry239

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about this theory too. The problem is if you put hair that is susceptible to dht as your hairline, there's no guarantee it will fall out in uniform. So after like a year even if you lose a small amount of those hairs it could destroy the whole cosmetic makeup of that hairline.
But if propecia is used for maintaining the hairline could last a while