what is Acell and PRP?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
F*cking 5th Google result:
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma which contains approximately three to five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. In addition, it contains platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that aid in wound healing and possibly hair growth.
Unbelievable that there are still people unable to use Google.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Snake oil. Not one person has ever had any significant results yet all of you keep masturbating over it. give it up, the sh*t doesnt do anything at all. Might as well call the docs that perform the treatment and call them scam artists.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your rants were at least smart or informed... unfortunately, they are just rants.

There are two methodologically very well conducted studies that proved the effectiveness of PRP. Don't know about ACell though, but when correctly carried out (i.e. correct platelet concentration, timing, and activation protocol) PRP is proven to work.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your rants were at least smart or informed... unfortunately, they are just rants.

There are two methodologically very well conducted studies that proved the effectiveness of PRP. Don't know about ACell though, but when correctly carried out (i.e. correct platelet concentration, timing, and activation protocol) PRP is proven to work.

So, you believe these treatments work because.... evidence? There is no hard evidence of this working as well as they claim or as you or anyone else would hope. These docs, including you, are essentially pulling the wool over everyones eyes. Until there's solid evidence of before and after pics with SIGNIFICANT results, this is just another scam. However, even years after this stuff has been dicked around with, with ZERO evidence, you STILL think it's legit.

You have to be crazy to fall for this scam.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe it might work but if it was as good as they make it seem then wouldn't it basically be the cure for hairloss? Or at least considered some type of cure?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, you believe these treatments work because.... evidence? There is no hard evidence of this working as well as they claim or as you or anyone else would hope. These docs, including you, are essentially pulling the wool over everyones eyes. Until there's solid evidence of before and after pics with SIGNIFICANT results
Sorry, I didn't know you are also visually impaired. Life has hit you quite hard - baldness, choleric, and weak eyesight. My condolences.

Get some glasses and check one example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4338465/
Or this one: http://grecomedicalgroup.com/eblast/10312014/2014_Schiavone-PRP.pdf
Or here: http://www.kosmed-klinik.de/fileadmin/Medienverwaltung/Dokumente/PRP-Haarausfall-englisch.pdf

I know that actual evidence will not make you change your mind. But hey, that's nothing new. You just want to continue ranting like the weak-minded person you are.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't know you are also visually impaired. Life has hit you quite hard - baldness, choleric, and weak eyesight. My condolences.

Get some glasses and check one example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4338465/
Or this one: http://grecomedicalgroup.com/eblast/10312014/2014_Schiavone-PRP.pdf
Or here: http://www.kosmed-klinik.de/fileadmin/Medienverwaltung/Dokumente/PRP-Haarausfall-englisch.pdf

I know that actual evidence will not make you change your mind. But hey, that's nothing new. You just want to continue ranting like the weak-minded person you are.

Would you like me to link you to published articles of Dr. Gho's HST method being effective as well? We all know how that went.

Tell me, if PRP and ACELL are such breakthroughs.... why are guys still balding even after they've received treatments?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between studies performed for your own product and big studies carried out by independent hospitals with no affiliation to a commercial producer whatsoever.

But hey, hellouser knows it better, cause who needs a background in science or to distinguish between advertisement and clinical trials? It's all the same to hellouser, as long as it fits his point of view. Probably the biggest victim of the Dunning-Kruger effect on this planet.

Also, nobody ever claimed PRP was a big breakthrough. It's just a treatment that provides some regrowth and can halt your hairloss for approximately 1 year. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not a scam and it works in the limited effects I just mentioned. You don't like it what it offers? Then just don't get it. But f*cking inform yourself before spouting your hatred-filled nonsense again.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a difference between studies performed for your own product and big studies carried out by independent hospitals with no affiliation to a commercial producer whatsoever.

But hey, hellouser knows it better, cause who needs a background in science or to distinguish between advertisement and clinical trials? It's all the same to hellouser, as long as it fits his point of view. Probably the biggest victim of the Dunning-Kruger effect on this planet.

Also, nobody ever claimed PRP was a big breakthrough. It's just a treatment that provides some regrowth and can halt your hairloss for approximately 1 year. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not a scam and it works in the limited effects I just mentioned. You don't like it what it offers? Then just don't get it. But f*cking inform yourself before spouting your hatred-filled nonsense again.

Thats a long response for someone trying to defend a hair loss treatment that doesnt have any real world success stories.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, do even have, like, rational arguments? I guess that's too much to ask from you.

Otherwise you are free to point out why these independent studies, some even conducted by hospitals, are wrong.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, do even have, like, rational arguments? I guess that's too much to ask from you.

Otherwise you are free to point out why these independent studies, some even conducted by hospitals, are wrong.

Do the studies matter when the real world results produce shit results?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These studies were conducted on patients as a regular treatment, as such the results are real-world results.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
These studies were conducted on patients as a regular treatment, as such the results are real-world results.

I've some board certified US surgeons showing before and after pictures of their patients on this. It seems to have some benefit. But generally, it's not worth the expense and short lived.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know that the effect is, on average, quite limited. Some people however do get very good results on it. As I'm still rather young, i.e. my follicles aren't miniaturized for that long or partly not completely miniaturized, I decided to give it a try. Have my first injection session scheduled for beginning of May, and Doctor says results should be seen around 8 weeks later. I'll make a thread when the time comes so everyone can assess for themselves. I don't know if it'll be worth it or not, I'm just curious to try it out. If it has cosmetically significant effects, I'll get one every 12 months. If not, it will be my first and last PRP session.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that the effect is, on average, quite limited. Some people however do get very good results on it. As I'm still rather young, i.e. my follicles aren't miniaturized for that long or partly not completely miniaturized, I decided to give it a try. Have my first injection session scheduled for beginning of May, and Doctor says results should be seen around 8 weeks later. I'll make a thread when the time comes so everyone can assess for themselves. I don't know if it'll be worth it or not, I'm just curious to try it out. If it has cosmetically significant effects, I'll get one every 12 months. If not, it will be my first and last PRP session.

Certainly sensible, bearing in mind your situation with Finasteride too. This is no scam anyway (PRP), it has some evidence for it and works well for limited people. It could be you. I prefer pills though myself and transplants. If finasteride starts fcking me over I will look to RU, if finasteride stops working, dutasteride maybe.