what is going on?!?! i am too young for this.

Reaction score
okay I am 16 and my hair is thinning, I keep getting told that I have a bald spot and I have no idea why this is happening... it all started when I would masturbate 3-4 time a day, I know I know this is TMI but a bunch of well trusted sites and doctors have said that masturbation does indeed cause hair to thin.. my dad lost his hair when he was 19 but he had a receeding hairline. mine started when I was 15 and it was on the bald spot area. my moms side of the family lost their hair in their late 20's and my dads uncles all have full heads of hair! I am pretty positive this is due to masturbation I went to my doctor and she ran some tests and nothing was wrong.. no levels were low or anything. please help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-41-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-41-39.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 447
  • Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-52-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-52-52.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 402
  • Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-53-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-53-08.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 413

resu

Reaction score
High DHT levels plus high sensibility to DHT at follicle level equals aggressive balding. Girls get breasts younger, males get bald younger it seems.

Reaction score
well I just recently lost 51 pounds. it was pretty fast.
Did you go on any crash diets recently?

- - - Updated - - -

so if I stop masturbating and using rogaine with castor oil should I be fine? ://///
High DHT levels plus high sensibility to DHT at follicle level equals aggressive balding. Girls get breasts younger, males get bald younger it seems.

resu

Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

so if I stop masturbating and using rogaine with castor oil should I be fine? ://///

No, the fact you have very high libido is a sign of high androgen levels, one thing doesn't lead to the other. Get yourself checked with your doctor, might be some other issue.

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score

Rapid weight loss can trigger telogen effluvium, which you seem to have based on the diffuse shedding everywhere (you're thinning even above your ears, which is not a typical male pattern baldness zone). I would guess that you are even thinning and shedding on the lower back of your head.

When your body goes into shock (whether from severe illness or surgery, rapid weight loss, or traumatic event), it can respond by shedding everywhere (telogen effluvium). If you have the gene for male pattern baldness, telogen effluvium can then speed up the process of male pattern baldness.

I would say the weight loss is more the culprit than excessive masturbation. I hope you are not still dieting or losing more weight. You may want to increase your food intake and make sure you are getting proper nutrients.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
rerun is right. It doesn't looks like typical male pattern baldness. You should get some vitamines&mineral suplements. Increase proteine itake!!!51p is no joke. pausing from masturbation wouldn't hurt.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Get checked out by A Dermatologist, that doesn't look like Male pattern baldness. Have you started any medications recently? And don't worry about the masturbation, if that was true every guy your age would be losing his hair.

hairextreme

Reaction score
You would only get hair loss from masturbation if you suffer from sexual exhaustion and erectile dysfunction from it, if you can still get it up then its not that, that sudden weight loss seems the culprit try to find out the cause of it and try fix it, its your best hope. Also I don't know if hair that's been attacked by DHT can be reversed maybe someone else can shed some light on it, but if its pure Telogen Effluvium then you need to find the cause and hope for the best.

Reaction score
so... do I go to a dermatologist?
You would only get hair loss from masturbation if you suffer from sexual exhaustion and erectile dysfunction from it, if you can still get it up then its not that, that sudden weight loss seems the culprit try to find out the cause of it and try fix it, its your best hope. Also I don't know if hair that's been attacked by DHT can be reversed maybe someone else can shed some light on it, but if its pure Telogen Effluvium then you need to find the cause and hope for the best.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
a bunch of well trusted sites and doctors have said that masturbation does indeed cause hair to thin..

TOTAL BULLSH!T.

If that we're the case, every male p**rn star would be balder than any man known on the planet... ironically they would STILL be scoring more than anyone else WITH hair. Masturbation has *NOTHING* to do with hair follicles.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
TOTAL BULLSH!T.

If that we're the case, every male p**rn star would be balder than any man known on the planet... ironically they would STILL be scoring more than anyone else WITH hair. Masturbation has *NOTHING* to do with hair follicles.

OMG!!!! Enought with the "p**rn star theory" already!!! Is that the strongest argument that you wankers have!? And how do you know ther is no masturbation>DHT>hair loss connection? Any proofs?? I presented Harvard study, where they say that even 1 orgasm/week makes difference on DHT level, and you give us this p**rn star theory bull****?? FYI.. most of the p**rn actors in their 30s are bald/balding!! Get the **** outta here!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00593-0017.pdf !!!!!!! ( table II)

abstract :
Our results strongly support the hypothesis that
dihydrotestosterone is the active hormone for male
sexual function as reflected in the frequency of orgasms.
An increase of dihydrotestosterone by about 2 SD
(1-36 nmol/l) was associated with an increase of the
weekly number of orgasms by at least one
and
conceivably more depending on the extent of biologically
generated variation and consequent misclassifica-
tion. Additionally, within the age range studied, a
difference of three years corresponded to an increase
of the weekly number of orgasms by about two;
this increase is likely to reflect socially conditioned
enhancement of opportunities with increasing age
(possibly including marital status which was not ascer-
tained in this study).
Only orgasms were evaluated in this investigation,
and no attempt was made to ascertain other aspects of
male sexual behaviour.' Previous studies, however,
have found that self reported frequency of orgasms in
men is a highly reliable method for the evaluation of the
effects of androgens on sexual activity
that tends to
remain stable over time

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, go and see a Dermatologist.

The sad part is that him seeing a dermatologist will be pointless. Why? Because all of the information he's going to get will be no more than anyone here on the forums who's spent more than a year or so figuring out the solutions for hair loss treatments. I've seen some guys go to dermatologists that didnt know what Finasteride is. Theyre not going to help any of us... and damn near all have no clue about the treatments in the near future (follica, replicel, histogen).

- - - Updated - - -

OMG!!!! Enought with the "p**rn star theory" already!!! Is that the strongest argument that you wankers have!? And how do you know ther is no masturbation>DHT>hair loss connection? Any proofs?? I presented Harvard study, where they say that even 1 orgasm/week makes difference on DHT level, and you give us this p**rn star theory bull****?? FYI.. most of the p**rn actors in their 30s are bald/balding!! Get the **** outta here!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00593-0017.pdf !!!!!!! ( table II)

abstract :
Our results strongly support the hypothesis that
dihydrotestosterone is the active hormone for male
sexual function as reflected in the frequency of orgasms.
An increase of dihydrotestosterone by about 2 SD
(1-36 nmol/l) was associated with an increase of the
weekly number of orgasms by at least one
and
conceivably more depending on the extent of biologically
generated variation and consequent misclassifica-
tion. Additionally, within the age range studied, a
difference of three years corresponded to an increase
of the weekly number of orgasms by about two;
this increase is likely to reflect socially conditioned
enhancement of opportunities with increasing age
(possibly including marital status which was not ascer-
tained in this study).
Only orgasms were evaluated in this investigation,
and no attempt was made to ascertain other aspects of
male sexual behaviour.' Previous studies, however,
have found that self reported frequency of orgasms in
men is a highly reliable method for the evaluation of the
effects of androgens on sexual activity
that tends to
remain stable over time

LMAO, someones deeply offended. You must be a fundamentalist christian.

Again, masturbation does NOT cause hair loss. Anyone who believes that may as well go to India for a hair loss treatment with Dr. Nigam.

Reaction score
come on grow up.. this forum is to help people out, not get angry with them for every thing they say.
The sad part is that him seeing a dermatologist will be pointless. Why? Because all of the information he's going to get will be no more than anyone here on the forums who's spent more than a year or so figuring out the solutions for hair loss treatments. I've seen some guys go to dermatologists that didnt know what Finasteride is. Theyre not going to help any of us... and damn near all have no clue about the treatments in the near future (follica, replicel, histogen).

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO, someones deeply offended. You must be a fundamentalist christian.

Again, masturbation does NOT cause hair loss. Anyone who believes that may as well go to India for a hair loss treatment with Dr. Nigam.

- - - Updated - - -

will I need to be referred? or can I just call them?

- - - Updated - - -

will I need to be referred? or can I just call them?
Yes, go and see a Dermatologist.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
where I live, you get a referral from GP to dermatologist. Not sure about you though. Maybe just call and ask them?