What is going on ?

Chiefton93

Reaction score
I'm a 23 year old and I've always had thick hair. But the last year or so I've noticed only my crown is thinning. My brother is completely bald but everyone else in my family has hair uncles grandparents cousins. Even my father. What is going on? Should I seek attention?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 264

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got it like your brother.

BTW the first pic looks way worse than the second.

HeyThereNow

Reaction score

gl bro

- - - Updated - - -

gl bro

- - - Updated - - -

gl bro

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies, that was only supposed to be posted once

rebuv

Reaction score
Well it seems u have crown thinning but i can't be sure what is going on with these 2 pics , can u provide more like front and hairline pics also maybe hair combed to back wet?

Chiefton93

Reaction score
These are others

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    839.9 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 250

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have similar pattern to you, much worst, however. My hair looked exactly like your at 29-31 (transplant really f*cked it up after that). Is that dandruff in one of the pics? If it is, definitely get on a good shampoo. I recommend anything with ketoconazol, like nizoral alternated with t-gel (or any coal tar shampoo). That stuff immediately eliminated my dandruff.
You're young. Hopefully your male pattern baldness isn't too aggressive, but given that you've started thinning at 23, I would recommend starting treatment. Don't waste your time, money and patience with snake oils you see on the internet. Everyone will tell you the same - finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral (or coal tar). Go see a derm and consider finasteride asap. good luck brother.

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I second buckthorn and his awesome avatar!

The big three is really all you can do. If Nizoral is too harsh on your hair, try out Regenepure DR. Like buckthorn said, any type of ketoconazole shampoo will work since this ingredient wipes out dht residing on the scalp.

I'd totally recommend finasteride too before your front takes a hit and your crown is beyond repair. DHT is wrecking your hair follicles, and finasteride is the best way to reduce DHT production. Minoxidil can hopefully help with regrowth on your crown!

Good luck bro, I'm 24 so I know how much it sucks to deal with this so young

Last edited:

Chiefton93

Reaction score
Hey man, I second buckthorn and his awesome avatar!

The big three is really all you can do. If Nizoral is too harsh on your hair, try out Regenepure DR. Like buckthorn said, any type of ketoconazole shampoo will work since this ingredient wipes out dht residing on the scalp.

I'd totally recommend finasteride too before your front takes a hit and your crown is beyond repair. DHT is wrecking your hair follicles, and finasteride is the best way to reduce DHT production. Minoxidil can hopefully help with regrowth on your crown!

Good luck bro, I'm 24 so I know how much it sucks to deal with this so young

thanks man. It's pretty ****ed up playing with my head big time

- - - Updated - - -

gl bro

- - - Updated - - -

gl bro

- - - Updated - - -

gl bro

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies, that was only supposed to be posted once

whats gl ?