what is happening with my hair ??

andy

Reaction score
hey. have been on propecia for about five months now, (little more )but i don't see any improvement. i think my temples have gotten worse, and my crone is also getting worse. in my crone there is now fine thin hairs, and a little bold spot. when i began on propecia, my crone was ok, and my temples wasn't that bad that they are now ..i have this thing that i do. i pull in my hairs just to see if i can pull them out, and many hairs easily just fall out. can this be shedding ???? and since i have seen no improvement, just that things are getting worse. should i continue on propecia ???
i'm only 21 so i would think that i'm gonna be a good responder, but im clearly wrong i guess ???

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
some or even a lot of you're hairloss/thinning could be due to the constant pulling of hairs. i have this same problem... of course if we pull sooner or later it will fall out. the best thing to do for this problem is just to not touch your hair other than shampooing.

a lot of the propecia and minoxidil users saw results way after 5 months... stick with the regiment. hey you've been on it for 5 already why not just wait 1 year?

good luck.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
STAY ON PROPECIA!!! It usually takes 12 months (or even longer) to show it's effect. It could very well be the finasteride causing your hair to shed, it's a good sign.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
even after the shed and being on it a year,..just remmember that at certain times of the year you shed more..especially the summertime. many times did i lose a lot of hair thinking that my fight for male pattern baldness was over,..but it all ended up growing back

andy

Reaction score
yeah.but i think propecia fucked up my hair even more . because when i washed it yeasterday it was f*****g thin all over the head(not the sides and the back) and when i began on propecia you really couldn't see that i was thin besides from the temple, but now it's more fucked up then ever. so i don't know what to do, thats the reason why i only began on propecia, because i had pretty much hair at the start, and if i could maintane that i would be satisfaid(my english isn't very good, but i hope you understand :) )