Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting bushy eyebrows

• *** cancer

• Total voters

ali777

Reaction score
My biggest fear is not fulfilling my potential, I mean career wise...

When I turn 40, I would like to have done most of the things I'm planning to do in the next 8-9 years.

Saying that.... From all the options available in the poll, living next door to CCS is the worst one I can imagine. If the image CCS and a few others paint is true about some parts of America, then it would be a nightmare to live there...

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, some interesting choices there.
ali777 said:
Really that's yer biggest fear in life, not say, getting a terminal disease and suffering to your last breath, or global nuclear war. I'm coming to live with you lol.

The Gardener

Reaction score
*** cancer... and by a country mile.

The rest of the stuff is horrible, but, you could persevere through them. And death is death. But having my *** all hosed up, repeated doctors poking and prodding my ***, having my *** perched up under the lights on an examination table as the center of attention for a small army of doctors, needing surgeries on my ***, walking around with stiches on my ***, getting radiation treatments on my ***, and/or thoughts of being sentenced to a lifetime of having my *** leak like the Exxon Valdez has got to be the worst thing on that list, by FAR. Not even close.

You can take my job, you can kill me, bushy eyebrows, whatever... but DON'T mess with my ***, and the efficient and painless functioning thereof.

ali777

Reaction score
mykal_P said:
lol, some interesting choices there.
ali777 said:
Really that's yer biggest fear in life, not say, getting a terminal disease and suffering to your last breath, or global nuclear war. I'm coming to live with you lol.

Why should i be thinking about a war that's not in my control?

Getting ill is part of life, if i get cancer after i'm 60 or so, tough luck. Getting a cancer before 60 is less likely than me not doing anything with my life. Why should i worry about something that's probabilistically less likely to happen?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why worry about anything?
We're all going to die someday why waste your time and stress yourself out pondering how its going to happen?
Best to just worry about the real things that actually ARE effecting you right now.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't fear death at all. If you got to go, you got to go. Suffering is what really scares me, it's completely pointless and irrational.

HughJass

Reaction score
ali777 said:

When I turn 40, I would like to have done most of the things I'm planning to do in the next 8-9 years.

what would happen if you didn't fulfill all of your career goals?

ali777

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
what would happen if you didn't fulfill all of your career goals?

Don't get me wrong... I'm not workaholic and my life doesn't depend on one thing only, but I would like to see some sort of achievement behind me when I'm gone.

s.a.f said:
Why worry about anything?
We're all going to die someday why waste your time and stress yourself out pondering how its going to happen?
Best to just worry about the real things that actually ARE effecting you right now.

That's my point... I'd rather worry about things that are in my control and affect me now. I'm not going to get an *** cancer in the near future, so why worry about it...

PS: I have been *** probed once in the hospital... It's not that bad, lay back and enjoy the ride :gay:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My biggest fear is the day my mother will die, i have no idea how ill deal with it, same goes for my brothers... (i dont care so much for my father or other family members... well i do care but id die for my mother and brothers....) most terrifying thing i can imagine is getting a phone call that they were involved in a car accident (i have nightmares about this :( )
So at your chart, i chose death.

ali777

Reaction score
Smooth said:
My biggest fear is the day my mother will die, i have no idea how ill deal with it, same goes for my brothers... (i dont care so much for my father or other family members... well i do care but id die for my mother and brothers....) most terrifying thing i can imagine is getting a phone call that they were involved in a car accident (i have nightmares about this :( )

I think life prepares you for death...

I was thinking, if I'm such a mess after a bit of stress how am I going to deal with the real tragedies in my life... Then I realised that I don't actually fear death, it's just a part of cycle of life.

I guess that's why I want to do the most of my life and not look back with regrets. My 20s are full of regrets, so many of them. I don't want to make the same mistakes in the future. I want to fulfill my potential as a man so that when I'm about to die I die with the satisfaction that I lived to my full potential and I've done things in life...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Smooth said:

I was just reading through this thinking "nah, I got no fears" then boom you hit the nail on the head. I'd be a f*****g mess if my mum died, bloody mummy's boy that I am. I don't think about my own death, but the death of other loved ones does scare me.

@Ali - I believe that my 30s are going to be better than my 20s, though i'll probably feel this way about every decade.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
My 20s are full of regrets, so many of them. I don't want to make the same mistakes in the future. I want to fulfill my potential as a man so that when I'm about to die I die with the satisfaction that I lived to my full potential and I've done things in life...

No one will ever live their life to the utmost full potential and as far as I can see dwelling on it thinking "did I really do all I could've"? is counter productive because even the most succesful person would probably think they could've always done better.
Just live your life no ones judging you to give a final score at the end. :dunno:

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ali777 said:
My 20s are full of regrets, so many of them. I don't want to make the same mistakes in the future. I want to fulfill my potential as a man so that when I'm about to die I die with the satisfaction that I lived to my full potential and I've done things in life...

No one will ever live their life to the utmost full potential and as far as I can see dwelling on it thinking "did I really do all I could've"? is counter productive because even the most succesful person would probably think they could've always done better.
Just live your life no ones judging you to give a final score at the end. :dunno:

Of course we'll never live to our full potential... The way I see it, we come up with realistic expectations and then we do our best. Doing my best is enough for me. If my best wasn't good enough, who cares... I'm not a bad loser, I don't mind losing as long as I try.

There is no score or points counting system, the satisfaction from doing things is what counts. In a way "It's not the destination, but the journey".

cuebald

Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
WTF? Am I the only one who is afraid of waking up one day and having a monobrow?

biggest fear of mine too.
There's just something unnatural about having big bushy eyebrows. Something... less than human. It's unsettling.