What natural treatments have YOU had luck with?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Just wondering about this as I've heard so much about (topically) apple polyphenols, onion, garlic, aloe vera, a variety of essential oils (such as rosemary, lavender, sage, ylang ylang) coconut, green tea... SO many things :)

Systemically I've heard green tea can also be quite good but heard mixed things. Beta-sitosterol doesn't seem to get amazing response but some people do swear by saw palmetto and similar things.

I was just wondering if those who have had luck with natural treatments could post what gave them success?

Cheers guys,

Hoppi :)

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure...
I'm on Saw Palmetto and Nettle Extract, they're not doing that great for me.

But what I have been doing recently is applying cayenne pepper, mixed with olive oil and aloe vera and applying it to my scalp, and that is once a week. I'm gonna test further, because after the two times I have used it, it feels like my hair has got more volume and a bit more thicker, but this could just be because of how I style it =/

Hoppi

Reaction score
I might try onion and garlic on one side (just in front of the hairline where it's weak) and aloe vera and green tea on the other! lol

And then whichever responds the worst in 2 or 3 weeks (1-2 applications per day), I will swap it for saw palmetto and nettle!

That might be an interesting test :)

I may as well be a guinea pig for them lol - they're all so cheap n cheerful and easy to test, and who knows what might work the best!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Too hard to tell I'm sure... Most people who go the natural route tend to take a lot of stuff.

Very true. It can be hard to work out what functions the best and very few seem to be particularly potent (I searched the success stories for "beta-sitosterol" and I don't think I found anything at all) but we'll see :) I'll try a bunch and see what works! I would also be very interested to see what other people notice regrowth with :)

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi you really make me laugh :)
Not in a bad way.

Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on how the olive oil, cayenne pepper and aloe vera do. :D

Hoppi

Reaction score
Natwraggie said:
Hoppi you really make me laugh :)
Not in a bad way.

Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on how the olive oil, cayenne pepper and aloe vera do. :D

^_^ thank you!

And cool! I'm pretty sure that some of these will work quite well, and I'll be watching to see what happens over the next few weeks!

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
Vitamin E might be working, but i'm not sure...i'm trying so many things at once. but SOMETHING is working...if only but a tiny bit.

G

I heard you should NOT mix garlic and onion together, anyone know why?

VoteForPedro said:
Vitamin E might be working, but i'm not sure...i'm trying so many things at once. but SOMETHING is working...if only but a tiny bit.

Tocotrienols? I have been on them since August 2009 and I THINK I am seeing results but I am not 100% sure.

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi,

Even though its not 100% natural, this guy is on a very low doese of finasteride (disolved in alcohol for oral administration.....first time ive heard of that being done, but it makes sense), however he is using quite a few suppliments and things.

Anyway, thought you'd find this interesting

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45739