What norwood scale am i?

2hillpark

Reaction score
I have attached some pictures below. I am considering an FUE transplant to fill in the front as is very much bothering me and dont want a scar across the back of my head at this age. I am 22 years old. I am 100% sure I wouldnt suit the shaven look.

Yor advice/ thoughts would be appreciated.

The photo below is me in 2006

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Re: Advice on Hair Transplant. What you think i should do?

Are you on finasteride or some sort of DHT blocker? If not, then in another 4 years you'll have a receding hairline....except it will be a few inches BEHIND your hairline. It's a total waste of money (imo) to get a hair transplant and not do something to stop the root of the problem. A hair transplant doesn't magically mean your follicles resist DHT :)

2hillpark

Reaction score

Any other thoughts.??

no its not htinning on top but retereating from the front. i would say i am a norwood 2a at the moment.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score

Your situation is similar to mine. What i plan to do is try to maintain what ive got for as long as possible untill the next generation of anti-androgen creams are available. So when you get a hair transplant in the future you can also stop hair from falling out without any systemic side effects. Hopefully, CB0301 won't cause any systemtic side effects and will stop DHT getting to hair follicles.

In the mean time i'll experiment with ULTRA low doses of propecia and spironolactone, as both seem to give me bad sexual side effects. I've also purchased keto cream, its my last hope as far as DHT blockers are concerned, as it doesn't give me any sides.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score

If you want to move your hairline forward, try a growth stimulant like minoxidil or Bimatoprost. It's unlikely to cause any dramtic improvement though, i'll be honest. However some people respond really well to stimulants along the hairline and frontal region.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

at 22 years old and a norwood 2a IMO it would be a bad idea to get a hair transplant. you should try meds stabilise your hairloss and then if necessary when you're in your late 20's you can consider a hair transplant.