What other shampoo do you use besides Nizoral (for the days you don't use it)?

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very curious about this. I have a very oily scalp/skin; excess sebum builds very quickly for me (yuck).
I've used numerous products in the past. I will comment on a few products I've used.

1. Revivogen set - It made my hair look fuller, but the downside was that it made my hair look like a brush :sobbing: Not recommended for long-term use.
2. Nioxin - I used this a loooooooooooooooong time ago. Smelled funky and did not help much.
3. Crew - same as Nioxin
4. Natural herb shampoo (Korean) - made my hair greasy, brittle, weak
5. Avalon Biotin Conditioner (not shampoo) - made my hair greasy and unmanageable
6. Acure Organics Shampoo - probably the worst shampoo for people with oily scalp. Made my hair greasy in just three days even though I was washing two times a day.
7. Cugen Shampoo for Oily Scalp - good at stripping excess sebum off the scalp, makes hair feel very soft, but contains sulfate
8. Loreal Men's Thickening Shampoo - this product smelled decent, added a little volume, but contains sulfate

These are the ones I can think of right now. One thing I know for sure is that organic shampoo does not work for me because it never removes oil on my scalp. Maybe this is true for people with oily scalp in general.
Natural herb shampoo is okay, but they smell really funny. I might give it a try later.

Any suggestion on shampoo/conditioner is welcome. Thanks.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
First off I am not a shill. But I would recommend anything that works similar to Nizoral that has different active ingredients. Anything that is supposedly an anti dandruff/anti fungal shampoo. I also like anything with cooling effects that have an anti itch quality to them. Head and Shoulders and Neutrogena have some brands out there as well as just about any type of shampoo brand will make some sort of similar type of shampoo.

Reaction score
I use shampoo with 3% salicylic acid. I originally started using it because salicylic is essentially aspirin and I thought it would help blood flow and reduce inflammation. It helped with my hairloss as well as anything else (in other words I have no idea if it helped) but what I found is it keeps my oily skin clearer than anything else. CVS sells a version identical to Neutrogena but for much less.