What should I look for in Bloodtest?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been told by a few different people here that it's smart to get a blood test done to determine whether or not propecia has had any affect on me.
What should I be looking for in this blood test?

G

I got a blood test after taking Propecia for about six months. They told me my liver was showing weird results.

I don't know if the Proecia caused it or not. But at the time it was the only thing I was taking.

I quit it a couple months later. It did not work for me. No Shedding, no hairgrowth. So I decided it was not worth taking.

Cassin

Reaction score
SwordFish said:
I got a blood test after taking Propecia for about six months. They told me my liver was showing weird results.

I don't know if the Proecia caused it or not. But at the time it was the only thing I was taking.

I quit it a couple months later. It did not work for me. No Shedding, no hairgrowth. So I decided it was not worth taking.

Well your an idiot only giving it a few months Ken.

Check your PM. I just sent you a reply.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys i'm going to get a blood test this week and i have no idea what i should be looking for.. HairLossTalk.com, Bruce, Bob Marley.. someone's got to know.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say you should ask for DHT and testosterone tests. If your on finasteride your DHT levels should of dropped, and it's possible that your Testosterone has raised slightly, but this might not be the case if you have been taken finasteride for a few months as your hormone's will re-ajusts.

While your at it a normal health check-up would be advised, like thyroid functioning i.e(white and red cell blood count), also cholestrol tests. They also normaly do tests for the liver been thats it's such an important organ. You can't for far wrong with a check-up like this.

Good luck Jack

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Kramer,

Test
Free Test
DHT
Estrogen/estridal(spelling)
Thyroid levels

Could get DHEA

Remember you're not going to learn as much unless you have baseline figures to work from. However seeing if you're above or below normal levels is also helpful.