What stage am I? or Mature hairline Thanks!

lolbbq

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am 25 this year and chinese. I first noticed that my hair was starting to thin last year when I kept my hair long and stayed up late to finish my thesis (long greasy hair clumps). My mother's side has no history of hair loss (my grandpa died at 80 with a head full of strong thick white hair). My dad is 55 and probably a norwood 3V. His hairline is a norwood 3v but has extremely thin growth hair all over (except the sides). He was born with thin hair and has been at this stage for a long time after major loss. My uncles are at this stage too but with slightly thicker hair. None of my older cousins have any significant loss.

As you can see from the pictures I have thin hair too but I'm wondering what stage am I considered. I have put up whatever pictures of my forehead i could dig out from several years ago for a comparison.

Tell me what you think please. My main concern is that I went to a hair care centre and the lady told me i was receding and was at a norwood 3. I suspect she was trying to hardsell something to me. But the fear is definitely in place now so i would like a second opinion.

Pardon the many pictures. I would like to provide you guys with as much information as possible.

I know this cannot compare to you guys who started losing before 20. I feel really horrible and sorry for you guys from all the posts that i have read.The thing is as a chinese, almost all my peers have not experienced significant loss (many considered "matured hairline). I have only known 2 people my age who are at a norwood 3+

Thank you so much in advance!

Front of head

2007.jpg2010.jpg2010a.jpg2013.jpg
2007 (longish hair) ---------- 2010 (short hair) ---------- 2013 (med-short hair)

Top of head

top backview no light.jpgTop front view.jpgtopview no light.jpg.

I have really naturally thin hair as you can tell from the light and angle differences. So sometimes i'm not really sure if i'm losing hair or its just naturally thin. (I havent been keeping track)

Thank you guys for your opinion!

lolbbq

Reaction score
ok pardon the picture overload. (i'm really paranoid). here are the side views. Thanks heaps!

Attachments

• 2013left.jpg
    2013left.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 2013right.jpg
    2013right.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 2013side.jpg
    2013side.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 187

TravisB

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hairline is still a good Norwood 1. However you're definitely balding in the crown and your hair is thinning