What styling products do you use?

misterium

Reaction score
I use hair gel to keep my hair shaped and shiny.

It's Loreal brand 'Straight-Up' ..

Are there better options for men with thinning hair? Is alcohol in hair gel a concern?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not many of us use gel..

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use paste or promade for thin hair...gels show your scalp even if your not thinning which makes it look worse.

misterium

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I may need to try out a pomade.. it's just that my hair is sorta dryish/thick and those kinds of styling aids tend to 'pull' my hair when I apply it... kinda like, there's lots of heavy rubbing friction ..

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
i use aveda control paste, its expensive but it looks good and is managable, you can re style your hair whenever.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have real thin hair and just use some hairspray (any super hold type), spray some in your palm then slick up the front.....makes it look a little wet look. The slightly wet look in front is decieving for people since most cant tell if it is the slick of thinning, when hairs stick together slightly and show some scalp. Plus the hairspray shines nicely. Believe me...much better than gel which slicks too much.

misterium

Reaction score
What am I doing here?

Because my thinning is at my vertex and I'm in early stages... I meant to say my hair texture is a thickish harsh feeling to it, very dry and pulls out easily.

I'll have to try some Aveda.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I tell you guys all the time (and no one seems to listen) but if you have existing hair such as diffuse thinning or just a small balding area you really need to buy PROTHIK. It only costs about 30 bucks and last for a few months. Its the best investment I've made in the past year for my appearance.