What to do when having to shave your head at 17 makes you want to kill yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know there are worse problems in the world, but I don't think I can live this life anymore. Living with a societal limitation like this, people will already naturally think less of me because I'm balding pretty badly. Losing hair at 17 makes me feel like my genetics are terrible, and that I'm such an anomaly to all the other teens that surround me. Seeing an old friend of mine for the 1st time in a year made me feel very embarrassed. We both used to be this good looking duo of friends (more like brothers until he moved away) that all the girls would talk about and want to be with. I'm considering adding Oral Spironolactone once I'm 18 (that's how you know hair loss is crushing me), or anything that will give me my hair back, as long as I don't become feminine. Sorry I'm writing all over the place, but that's what my mind is like. What do you guys do to help you deal with this problem, and if anyone has underwent a similar experience to mine, tell me how you have dealt with feeling ashamed of yourself. I even hate when my own family looks at me because it's that embarrassing. I just want to go die under a rock and not cause too much hurt emotionally to people who love me by doing it. :sad::sad: Sorry if I sound crazy, but hair loss IS making me crazy. I think about it probably half of the day, or even 3/4's of it. The only thing that brings my spirits up is looking at threads of scientific discoveries on here, and dreaming that this won't have to go on much longer.

shookwun

Reaction score
learn to deal with the hand you have been dealt.

Wear a hat, suffer the comb over route like we all did, and currently still do.

Their is absolutely nothing you can do unless you save up and get a hair transplant. Medication on other hand will maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.