what´s really meant by "the hairtransplant route"?

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
This might sound stupid. I mean, I understand that the first year might be a bumpy road, but when people talk about the hair transplant route it sounds like there´s more complications. What would you say are the biggest drawbacks of getting a (GOOD) transplant?

cheers! :innocent:

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
yes. but if you do FUE, what bumps in the road lays ahead of you after having surgery?

Also, why is it that you get fewer grafts when doing FUE over strip?

Cheers!

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so there´s only fewer graft with FUE per session! That´s sort of understandable I guess, and reassures my plans to go through with FUE. I´d really like the "escape route" of shaving :whistle: thanks dudemon!

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
there also big fue session if thats what you mean...
megassesions fue
prohair can handle up to 4000 grafts in 2 days

problem with fut scar en then fue is that the availible grafts are bit lower sinds there plenty hairs arround the scar that are lower quality , also its more dificult for the clinic to extract grafts from arround fut scar sinds there can be strechting under the skin , the hair on top seems straight like this : | , but under the skin the graft could stand like this : /
how i know this ? sabine told me the last consultationday before the hair transplant....
so there verry skilled

i can give you one tip : FUE , not strip...
i'm looking to maybe put medical pigmentation on the scar
theres a company also in antwerp not far from prohair that does fut scars

i will upload an example of this :
fut scar , and the scar with medical pigmentation in it :
they use hairstrokes on the scar thats identical to the other hair...

Attachments

• haarvoor.jpg
    haarvoor.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 969
  • haarna.jpg
    haarna.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 979

Petchsky

Reaction score
The drawbacks to FUE compared to strip are as such,

- FUE is more expensive

- Takes longer and have to have a smaller session

- The success rate is lower than strip, although not by much, and this is probably becoming less so as FUE is being used more (strip is average growth rate of 95%, FUE 85% This stat was used by Dr Feller, although this was over two years ago and may not be true today.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
The drawbacks to FUE compared to strip are as such,

- FUE is more expensive

- Takes longer and have to have a smaller session

- The success rate is lower than strip, although not by much, and this is probably becoming less so as FUE is being used more (strip is average growth rate of 95%, FUE 85% This stat was used by Dr Feller, although this was over two years ago and may not be true today.

How come dr. Feller won´t do more than 1000-1500 grafts a session? other clinics like prohairclinic does megasessions. donor exhaustion?

Going with someone like Feller would be worth the extra bucks no? The price is double, maybe triple to european surgeons..

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dr Feller insists that he can only do 1000 -1500 FUE in one session without comprimising the results eg the succes of the growth rate.