What’s going on here? 26M

Nikolas70

My Regimen
Reaction score
So last year I posted about LLLT. Everyone on here says it doesn’t work. Dermatologists, Hair Transplant Physicians, Tricologists all say it works, so please don’t reiterate your disapproval.

Im now just over a year on LLLT and vitamin D supplements and I’m still not sure what the heck is going on. When I started last maybas you can see, I had more than enough hair. Nothing really changed until 5 months, and a crap ton of hair was shed. Since then some new hair has started growing but I’m down a lot of hair. Could HairLoss have progressed that quick while trying to combat it? From what I can see and have learned, you don’t suddenly develop baldness, your hair thins and miniaturization happens over years, not months.

First 2 pictures are before treatment, followed by the 9 month mark and today.

Attachments

• D6E444FD-867A-4B30-AAC4-A433CD50EF85.jpeg
    D6E444FD-867A-4B30-AAC4-A433CD50EF85.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 252
  • CA6923B8-87B7-44D9-8105-17EEC2BACE10.jpeg
    CA6923B8-87B7-44D9-8105-17EEC2BACE10.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 252
  • ACD290EB-69D8-4111-B759-99D41B758DA1.jpeg
    ACD290EB-69D8-4111-B759-99D41B758DA1.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 249
  • FB765CCB-863A-4776-9DAF-B862F224995B.jpeg
    FB765CCB-863A-4776-9DAF-B862F224995B.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 257

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LLLT "works". What do you think they mean by that?

it is not an antiandrogen so it does not prevent further miniaturisation

Nikolas70

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not quite sure why everyone is intent on trying to shutdown LLLT. It’s a stimulant, no one is arguing that. The part I’m not understanding is why people are straight against the therapy. Not only are there success stories even on HERE, but GPS, Dermatologists, Trichologists, Hair Transplant Surgeons, all collectively support LLLT the same way they support Minoxidil or Topical Finasteride. It is shown under MEDICAL SUPERVISION to help stimulate new growth, thicken and strengthen hair as long as the miniturization hasn’t progressed past 50% of the hair follicles diameter. Few of my hairs were beyond that, and my medical history includes ED and Depression which is why I am extremely hesitant to go on Finasteride. My Dad is more of a diffused hair loss story; he has more than enough hair for a hair transplant which is why I’m not even sure I’m gunna be a shiner. I will eventually need a transplant if there’s no “cure”, but seeing as unfortunately this isn’t a topic with much growth (excuse the pun) it’s hard to say if we ll all eventually be able to rock a full head of hair. Fingers crossed. I’m still looking for an answer to my question if anyone has any insight.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not quite sure why everyone is intent on trying to shutdown LLLT. It’s a stimulant, no one is arguing that. The part I’m not understanding is why people are straight against the therapy. Not only are there success stories even on HERE, but GPS, Dermatologists, Trichologists, Hair Transplant Surgeons, all collectively support LLLT the same way they support Minoxidil or Topical Finasteride. It is shown under MEDICAL SUPERVISION to help stimulate new growth, thicken and strengthen hair as long as the miniturization hasn’t progressed past 50% of the hair follicles diameter. Few of my hairs were beyond that, and my medical history includes ED and Depression which is why I am extremely hesitant to go on Finasteride. My Dad is more of a diffused hair loss story; he has more than enough hair for a hair transplant which is why I’m not even sure I’m gunna be a shiner. I will eventually need a transplant if there’s no “cure”, but seeing as unfortunately this isn’t a topic with much growth (excuse the pun) it’s hard to say if we ll all eventually be able to rock a full head of hair. Fingers crossed. I’m still looking for an answer to my question if anyone has any insight.
It doesn’t work.