What's the best solution for NW6?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
What's the best solution for NW6? I don't want to take any medicine. Is it transplant only or transplant plus concealer on days you have to look good? Or a hair system? Which would be better? Are there any more options? What would you do? Thanks!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
any drug will restore hair to you (NW6)
Hair system can be a solution for a while

Fanjeera

Reaction score
No, I don't want drugs. They're messy, they take time to work, they have side effects and the result is not 100% full head of hair. It's a constant worry with them.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Depending on the thickness of your hair, then perhaps you could restore most of your hair but of course with a lot less thickness.
Your best bet without constance maintenance or paying stupid amounts of money for a rug, is drugs.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't want drugs then a hair transplant, wig, or scalp micro-pigmentation are the best ways to go.

1. Hair transplants could either improve your condition or give you a few new scars for your head so I would make sure to use a good surgeon and even then for a Norwood 6 to get good coverage you'd be spending more than what you'd pay for a nice used vehicle in costs.

2. Hair systems or wigs are pretty decent these days and a lot of actors use/used them and they work great unless you decide to do any strenuous activity or go swimming.

3. Scalp micro-pigmentation (google it) is a bit newer and is basically tattooing freshly buzzed hair follicles on your head, the results look VERY natural and if you can pull off a buzzcut rather well then this is a great choice but you have to buzz it twice a week for it to look correct. Also it requires a bit of upkeep as you'll have to go in and get a touch-up every 3 years or it will fade slowly until it disappears. The cost for this is around $3000-$4000 and a few hundred for touch-ups.

There are probably other things but those are your best choices, My dads friend got a hair transplant 7-8 years ago and it turned out bad so he wasted $4000 on it and has a scar to show for it so I may be biased against them.

My recommendations would either number 3 or Finasteride because the other options have lower chances of working.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Is it possible to grow hair long then? How can I achieve a longer length haircut? And why all the hair systems I've seen don't cover the temple area? They're just oval-shaped and cover the crown and hairline.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGXFaHFdvS8
This actually looks very good.
What does the cost of a hair piece depend on? How much does the surface area matter?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get a hair piece to restore you to a nw3 or 2 and get hair transplanted in front of the hair piece after you have been using it and decide you like it. Or you could not get a hair piece and get a hair transplant from a nw6 to a nw3 again. I am assuming all your hair is gone in the thinning area. If it is not than I would start finasteride

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would use the wig for a while and see how you like it, then after many months you can consider getting the temples transplanted. certainly don't do it all at once and I would discuss it with wig people and hair transplant doctors

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The problem is there just are no wig people around. So few of us have found the way to hair systems. Nobody to ask advice from.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you are opting for surgery you might try a conservative hair transplant ( maybe 800 grafts at most)? If you've got severe enough frontal recession then focus framing that area first , if it's diffuse perhaps you'll want to double that. If it's predominantly crown issues.., well you've got the point. Small, but aesthetically placed grafts can prove to be an effective approach to better understanding the direction you choose to take toward your future hair loss issue strategies and goals. I might have prefaced that this scenario is based on your donor availability. All the best.