What's up, all?

boognish

Reaction score
My story: I'm 33. First became aware of my hair loss roughly 6-7 years ago, but I always had a full, thick head of hair, so it took a while before the panic set in. I did get on generic finasteride years back, but discontinued only a few months in and had a brief time with minoxidil, but quit shortly after i started because of skin irritation. Flash forward to last year, I noticed some scalp on my crown while in a well lit restroom mirror. Still in denial, I put off doing anything about it. The end of last year, I found out my marriage was in the crapper and was dealing with trying to learn the ropes at a new job. Year to date, I've noticed an accelerated amount of hair loss on my crown. Based on research, it could be from stress, extremely poor eating habits (for months while dealing with divorce, I was lucky to eat at all. i still only eat usually once a day) and/or male pattern baldness. I see all three being the culprit. Due to my eating habits, I'm sure malnutrition is playing a part and plan to change that immediately through getting back to regular eating habits/multivitamins/protein shakes with the hopes of regaining some hair, but I'm worried that due to male pattern baldness, it may be lost for good. All of this is self-diagnosed and I'm trying to take the bull by the horns here and do what I can to regain control. So I'm 2 days in to finpecia and nizoral from inhouse (after reading good things). I can tell from loss of density over the years that I'm a diffuse thinner with significant thinning to the crown and would most likely end up a nw5 if left untreated. I have no slick bald spots yet, but they are fast approaching according to pictures I take under lights. As I'm sure a vast majority of you already know, male pattern baldness is all-consuming and it's hard to deal with the helplessness. I've been a visitor here forever and really appreciate all the good info that's shared, so any advice regarding my long, uphill journey ahead would be extremely welcomed. Thanks!