Where Do I Go From Here? Prp? dutasteride? Please Help

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short, I had really aggressive male pattern baldness, I started losing a ton of hair at age 16. I immediately got a prescription and began taking 1mg finasteride and 5% minoxidil. About a year and a half after that, I had a PRP session done and got a custom prescription of minoxidil 10% with 0.2 finasteride, on top of the 1mg pill I was taking. A year after that I hit a boom, and this last year, I feel like i'm starting to thin again, but have no idea where to go from here. Should I add dutasteride to my regiment? I heard adding 1-2 0.5mg pills per week of dutasteride on top of daily finasteride works. Or should I try PRP again? PRP is very expensive, and i'm not sure which doctor to do it with, if I do it. Any thoughts? Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• crown area.jpg
    crown area.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 310
  • left temple.jpg
    left temple.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 312
  • right temple.jpg
    right temple.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 344

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short, I had really aggressive male pattern baldness, I started losing a ton of hair at age 16. I immediately got a prescription and began taking 1mg finasteride and 5% minoxidil. About a year and a half after that, I had a PRP session done and got a custom prescription of minoxidil 10% with 0.2 finasteride, on top of the 1mg pill I was taking. A year after that I hit a boom, and this last year, I feel like i'm starting to thin again, but have no idea where to go from here. Should I add dutasteride to my regiment? I heard adding 1-2 0.5mg pills per week of dutasteride on top of daily finasteride works. Or should I try PRP again? PRP is very expensive, and i'm not sure which doctor to do it with, if I do it. Any thoughts? Any advice appreciated!

Did you feel like the PRP worked at all? Did you do with Acell?

it sounds like you ddi well for a year and then started to thin again?
How long are you thinning? Can it just be a periodic shed I get those even with treatment.

Here are some alternatives you can research
RU
Derma rolling
dutasteride
topical spironolactone
some people use topical progestin (you have to research this though I have no idea if it works)

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you feel like the PRP worked at all? Did you do with Acell?

it sounds like you ddi well for a year and then started to thin again?
How long are you thinning? Can it just be a periodic shed I get those even with treatment.

Here are some alternatives you can research
RU
Derma rolling
dutasteride
topical spironolactone
some people use topical progestin (you have to research this though I have no idea if it works)

I'm not sure if the PRP worked, or if the success of the 10% minoxidil/finasteride was really starting to kick in. No, I didn't do the PRP with acell. What is derma rolling?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the PRP worked, or if the success of the 10% minoxidil/finasteride was really starting to kick in. No, I didn't do the PRP with acell. What is derma rolling?

Its micro needling with a tool..people are doing it based off a successful study done in India where men used dermarolling 1x a week and minoxodil 6x a week.

Some people here have had success with it.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
Its micro needling with a tool..people are doing it based off a successful study done in India where men used dermarolling 1x a week and minoxodil 6x a week.

Some people here have had success with it.

PRP is useless for hairloss. Just a bunch of physicians ripping of gullible bald men.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is useless for hairloss. Just a bunch of physicians ripping of gullible bald men.

I dont think it helps bald men..I think it helps maintain for thinning women maybe thinking men I dont know.