where is hope ?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there used to be all these studies from time to time that would give us hope (e.g. follica, icx, histogen,...). The "neew treatments" section used to be vibrant.. where have all the trials gone ?

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Once you loose hair its gone. There may be stuff out there that can slow down hair loss, but there is no such thing as a cure. We are in the year 2010 and still we have not found the answer or even a better solution.

Hoppi

Reaction score
khali said:
Once you loose hair its gone. There may be stuff out there that can slow down hair loss, but there is no such thing as a cure. We are in the year 2010 and still we have not found the answer or even a better solution.

lol joke of the week!

No such thing as a cure! You really think that humankind will NEVER discover a cure for male pattern baldness? xD

Boondock

Reaction score
I think for most of us, if they don't come up with a cure in the next ten years it's not going to make THAT much difference when they finally find it. Therefore, the prospects for being hopeful on future cures are pretty slim.

This is one area where being on this board at 16 makes you better off.

Hoppi

Reaction score
aw don't think like that boondock! I think to be fair, if nothing else treatments will improve a lot over the next 10 years, even if there's no cure per se. So, our ability to keep our hair will be increased!

Maybe I'll start a charity :)

Boondock

Reaction score
aw don't think like that boondock! I think to be fair, if nothing else treatments will improve a lot over the next 10 years, even if there's no cure per se. So, our ability to keep our hair will be increased!

Well, yes and no. If you look at the last ten years, treatments haven't changed much at all. hair transplants have got a little better, but that's about it. Still finasteride and minoxidil and not a lot else.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Boondock said:

Well, yes and no. If you look at the last ten years, treatments haven't changed much at all. hair transplants have got a little better, but that's about it. Still finasteride and minoxidil and not a lot else.

Then start a charity! lol

I was considering it last night =D

I know it's hardly the most urgent cause ever but... hey I'll probably be working for Amnesty or Oxfam or something at the same point anyway! lol

G

Hoppi said:
khali said:

lol joke of the week!

No such thing as a cure! You really think that humankind will NEVER discover a cure for male pattern baldness? xD

No, there is a cure for baldness and here's proof!

bigasshair.th.png

Full size:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2189/bigasshair.png

Just call the 1-800 number!

I thought raising Lazarus from the dead was impressive, but taking two Norwood 7's to that...wow.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
khali said:

lol joke of the week!

IMO curing baldness is as tough as curing blindness. We can't even halt the baldness. Even this is as tough as stopping the process of aging.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
I think for most of us, if they don't come up with a cure in the next ten years it's not going to make THAT much difference when they finally find it. Therefore, the prospects for being hopeful on future cures are pretty slim.

This is one area where being on this board at 16 makes you better off.

They might find something in the next decade, but after that we will soon learn about the side effects.

Hoppi

Reaction score
lol aww don't be like that guys! :)

I genuinely am thinking of starting a charity! hehe :)

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont count on a cure to "save" you... in our lifetime - FUE is the best it will ever get.

GeminiX

Reaction score
khali said:

Well that's not true at all, I've recovered hair which was gone fifteen years ago. *BUT* the regimen and drugs required are not suitable for a typical males.

If there was just some way to refine the mediation to *only* fix the hair, then there would be the cure. Unfortunately, that seems to be something of a challenge :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
khali said:

Well that's not true at all, I've recovered hair which was gone fifteen years ago. *BUT* the regimen and drugs required are not suitable for a typical males.

If there was just some way to refine the mediation to *only* fix the hair, then there would be the cure. Unfortunately, that seems to be something of a challenge :)

hehe yeah that's the thing! The follicles are just dandy! They're just being hit by too much free testosterone and probably free DHT, that's all ._.

Man... serious being a guy sucks sometimes lol To be honest this is the first thing that has ever really made me dislike being a guy a bit ._.

Smooth said:
Dont count on a cure to "save" you... in our lifetime - FUE is the best it will ever get.

lol... how do you live with yourself being that pessimistic?

Dude, YOU can change it if you want - YOU. I promise you. Anybody can.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
heh.. it takes some getting used to... :sobbing: lol
(wasnt always like that btw, you can read my earlier posts and see for yourself.. some factors in life that many find rather trivial, once they changed {not only hair btw} your views adjusted accordingly... in a cynical way i guess :dunno: )

Hoppi

Reaction score
Smooth said:
Hoppi said:
heh.. it takes some getting used to... :sobbing: lol
(wasnt always like that btw, you can read my earlier posts and see for yourself.. some factors in life that many find rather trivial, once they changed {not only hair btw} your views adjusted accordingly... in a cynical way i guess :dunno: )

aw dude ._.

But if you're going to let optimism or pessimism be the attitude to sway your viewpoint, I would very much recommend optimism! lol :)

Would you like to help me start my charity? :)

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
khali said:

And even at that you had to have an hair transplant.

I think cloning healthy hair or healthy dermal papilla cells and then transplanting into the scalp will be he best cure for the next 50 or so years. I expect it to be available withing the next 10.

GeminiX

Reaction score
moxsom said:
GeminiX said:
khali said:

And even at that you had to have an hair transplant.

I think cloning healthy hair or healthy dermal papilla cells and then transplanting into the scalp will be he best cure for the next 50 or so years. I expect it to be available withing the next 10.

It's true I had a hair transplant, but that was for hair lost 20 years ago, and even in that area I'm acctually seeing new growth that is beyond the area of the hair transplant.

Also don't forget even with 100% hair, I had a masculine hairline. The main aims of my hair transplant were to fill in my temples *and* to bring my hairline further forward that I had to start with.