Which Nizoral?

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at amazon.com for nizoral shampoo (to completment my just started finasteride 0.5mg daily). But there are 3 types, but I wasn't sure which to choose. Could someone please tell me which is the one to get? THANKS! :)

1. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo - 7 fl oz Nizoral $14.99

2. Nizoral A-D Shampoo - 4 oz / 7 oz. Nizoral $15.54

3. Nizoral A-D Ketoconazole 1%, Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, 4.00 fl oz $11.79

4. Nizoral A-D Ketoconazole 1%, Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, 7.00 fl oz $19

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score

this is the one that is used on alot of peeps regimen, i recommend this however other products to what they do 8)

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Wezz said:

this is the one that is used on alot of peeps regimen, i recommend this however other products to what they do 8)

Do you say that one since it has Ketoconazole 1%? Because they all have that ingredient. Not sure what A-D versus not A-D is either?

G

A-D is anti-dandruff.

I use Nizoral 2% (ketoconazole) 20mg/g

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
A-D is anti-dandruff.

I use Nizoral 2% (ketoconazole) 20mg/g

Where do I find this level? Is this the % used in the clinical trials for propecia?

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Bump for an answer please?

curetheloss

Reaction score
it is by prescription only in the us. i think you can buy it online at nizoral2percent.com for 15 plus shipping. mine only costs 10 with my prescription though.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It sounds like 1% is fine. Still not sure what difference is between A-D and normal Nizoral. THey both should be anti-dandruff right?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes,..also noted i would def. go for the 1% first to try it out...some people find that the 2 % is to harsh on their scalp.....while others claim to have no benificial results from just the 1% so use the 1% first ..see if you liek it..if it does the job..dont upgrade to 2

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Just tried Nizoral. Damn, it makes my hair look like sh*t the next day.

What do you guys do to combat the awful dryness it induces?