Which topical to add??

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just want to get some feedback on what i should add to my regimen.

I have been on propecia for 2 years. I was on 1mg for 6 months then switched to 0.5mg due to sexual sides. i have seen poisitive results being on only 0.5mgs. I have maintained and thickened up the hair i had.

I like to use a topical aswell to combat dht from all levels. I used spironolactone for the past 4 months and couldnt tell if it helped or not. It was dr. lees 5% cream. i just ran out and am decieding if i should re-order or try something else.

I am thinking about the following products:

-spironolactone 5% cream
-Revivogen
-Fluridil

any recommendations + comments appreciatede

Cheers

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
86 reviews, and no replies/ Come on some one must be using some of these topicals, and can shed some light. I guess i will order some more 5% spironolactone and continue with that. It is the most scientifically proven of the three.

Thinking of trying some home brew super zix, it cant hurt right?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I don't know about Zix, or any of the other topicals,

but I've used liquid spironolactone and cream spironolactone, and I'm happy with both of those. They are definitely worth a try.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
WS6-TA said:
...I like to use a topical aswell to combat dht from all levels. I used spironolactone for the past 4 months and couldnt tell if it helped or not. It was dr. lees 5% cream. i just ran out and am decieding if i should re-order or try something else.

I am thinking about the following products:

-spironolactone 5% cream
-Revivogen
-Fluridil

any recommendations + comments appreciatede

Cheers

It's best not to yo-yo around with treatments. Being you've already invested 4 months on the spironolactone - I'd suggest giving it another 4 - 8 months. If you're not happy at the end of that time then you can readjust.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
If your maintaing, I wouldn't bother trying to block any more DHT as it will most likely be systematically absorbed and you may get sides.

Get on some minoxidil and then you'll get some regrwoth.

Try 5% once a day and you'll see enough benefits, while also leaving you somewhere to go if your response to treatments fades over time.

zender

Reaction score
hellohello said:
If your maintaing, I wouldn't bother trying to block any more DHT as it will most likely be systematically absorbed and you may get sides.

Get on some minoxidil and then you'll get some regrwoth.

Try 5% once a day and you'll see enough benefits, while also leaving you somewhere to go if your response to treatments fades over time.

HEYNOW!
couldnt agree more.

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
i guess i will stick with the 5% spironolactone. I understood that it is not systimatically absorbed due to a low half life.

Anyways i am saving minoxidil as a last resort once i am no longer happy with the appearence of my hair.

Right now im just trying to maintain and slow down the hairloss.(which is working) Since i am only using 0.5mg od finasteride, i can bump it up to 1mg once it begings to lose effectiveness. Then ill probably add the minoxidil or opt for a hair transplant.

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
Another thought.... By using a topical DHT blocker, like spironolactone, will my hair be able to grow more healthier and thicker due to less DHT in the scalp?

past month my family have commented on my hair looking healthier and thicker...so maybe the spironolactone has allowed the follicles to grow to their full potential??

anyways i feel better when im using a topical aswell,,,im gonna order some spironolactone cream.