Whiplash Story - (age 21, diffuse, with PICS)

Whiplash_131

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm not as new as you think but i decided to tell my story.
I'm 21, experiencing male pattern baldness since 17+- and I'm currently on nizoral + finasteride and minox5 since june 2007.
Not very good news because i'm a diffuse thining with a strange incidence in my left side and my hair so far did not estabilized, so i'm considering a hair transplant.
I'm open for suggestion.
Thanks for the reply and sorry about my bad english.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Whiplash Story with PICS

you still have great hair, finasteride is all you need. good luck!

metalheaddude

Reaction score

It looks like you have a slightly unusual pattern of hairloss on your left temple as the other side seems great. Almost looks like someone shaved that part out by accident. Usually recession is fairly uniform on both sides of the temples.

Anyway the poster above says you have great hair, I wouldnt go that far given you're only 21. If you were 30 then I would agree with him 100%.

I think a hair transplant might be difficult to perform on this kind of hairloss because its not slick bald and they have to place grafts between all the hairs, so your always at risk for some shockloss. You're also very young. Nevertheless someone like Armani would be the man to goto he seems to thrive on this kind of work using magnification to plant hairs between your existing hairs without causing damage to there blood supply.

Have you tried just squirting some foam on your hairline?

I really dont think your crown is that bad. I think you should just buy some toppik for your hairline and crown for now and think about a hair transplant later. You have the perfect hair colour for concealers. People wont even be able to tell you have lost hair.

Whiplash_131

Reaction score

I don't know what is foam and I think here in Portugal that kind of product doesn't exist on the market. I use minoxidil 5 that is made here, suppose I might try that you call Foam by buying trought the internet?
Perhaps my crown isn't so bad because of the finasteride and the minoxidil, dont know but the front loss it's strange, a bit like a alopecia areata?
Need some good advices mate and thanks for the reply, your are very kind :)
In the next weeks I will go to a MicroHairtransplant Clinic here and I will put some questions, but I'm look forward and opened for some new advices giving here.

One more time sorry about my bad english.

Cheers :)

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Maybe it is diffuse alopecia areata which is good, because it can possibly grow back one day who knows :shock: But doubtful. You can actually be tested for that by a dermatoligist if you want to be 100% sure.

I use Rogaine foam (minoxidil in foam form) You can buy it on ebay for very cheap from MANY suppliers.

c07b_1.JPG