Whiteafrican's Story And Current Situation

whiteafrican

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just turned 25. My story begins when I was about 23. I started noticing the hair at my temples thinning. Didn't think much of it, it was just f*****g irritating because the hair got very curly and hard to style/ look good. To give you guys a idea of what I am talking about:

Screen_Shot_2016_08_04_at_11_14_58_AM.png

This started to annoy me ALOT. the only way I can have my hair normal and not curl so much is by wearing a tight beanie after drying my hair and that would work as like a straighter effect.

Anyway I NEVER though of going bald or having MBP myself, my dad has the classic M shape but he is not bold (52) and his dad (my grandpa) has a full set of grey hair.

Skip a year later and I realize my hair is really thinning and I started to notice a lot of my hair on my hands after washing it in the shower. That freaked me the f*** out. i was like no WAY NOT ME. So classic -
I started reading about MBP and realized my grandad on my mom's side was completely bold and I was like sh*t i got that from him.

Anyway I just kept my hair kinda short and started taking a lot of zinc. Just hoping it wont get worse.
January of 2016 my hair looks like this:

2gsn8y8.png

After a few months, my thinning hair in front/top started to annoy me ALOT. So much that I thought fuckit if life wants me to be bold then why not. Not gonna make a big thing about it- external looks is just external, it is whats inside that counts. I also bought a new organic shampoo:

Pura d'or Premium Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo (Gold Label), (had amazing reviews on amazon)
and i wanted something natural and organic.

Hoping this would help to "reboot" my hair and to assess my balding situation I shaved all my hair off.

(March 2016)

729jc0.png

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE

I fuckin hated every moment of it and how I looked. I realized how much I like having hair and that not having hair is not an option. It was good to see where I am balding. As you can see its mostly temple area.

The shampoo I am using stopped hair from falling out- I see maybe 2 or 3 hairs when I wash my hair in the shower so that is a good thing. I currently take ZInc and Biotin.

But now I am considering the big 3. After reading peapoddy's success story I am really considering finasteride and min foam.

This is my current situation (Aug 2016):

Vortex is great, but hairline is so fuckt + all hair on top still thin and curls

icn72f.png

vvmf8.png

Thanks for reading guys- any help /comments would mean a lot to me.

What do you guys think of my situation- where do I stand? And should I give finasteride and Min a go?

What is the best combo? finasteride and min foam or liquid?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely get on the big 3 asap.

As far as foam/liquid: You can use either. I use both. Supposedly the liquid absorbs better, but I only use it before bed because it makes your hair look like sh*t. The foam is much better for morning/daytime use.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like you have male pattern baldness. Sorry to have to say that.
If you skim through the pages of this forum you will see that no one has yet found a better remedy than the drugs that have been approved by the FDA to try and halt hairloss. Finasteride, minoxidil.
You may want to also try the ketoconazole shampoo.
Unfortunately there is not much more between these drugs and a hair transplant. At least not in the near near future. New science is on the horizon though.

whiteafrican

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate the comments- after spending way too much time on this forum the past couple of weeks I came to this conclusion:

So I am planning this regimen:

-5% minoxidil (Foam for morning, Liquid for night)
-Derma Roller 1mm
-1% Ketoconazole Shampoo (just bought a new bottle of Palma 'Dor Gold Label - it stopped my hairloss, I dont shed or see hair when I shower. It says its a full spectrum DHT blocker- will maybe switch to nizoral after its finished)
- Biotin, Zinc, MSM, Saw Palmeto

thinking of getting beta Sitosterol aswell- anyone got XP with that?

Not going to lie guys VERY sketchy and afraid to go on finasteride- I know the studies prove its low % but WHAT IF im that guy-
I feel like I really dont want to f*** with hormones so I am looking at getting RU for the DHT Blocking.

What do you guys think? solid plan?

Attached is a pic of my hair now- no balding at back just temple/hairline. Can anyone give me advise to thicken/take cair of my thin hair in front- for example- the best way to dry the hair and how often to shampoo. when it thins and kinda curls it just looks like sh*t.
IMG_3373.jpg

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not going to lie guys VERY sketchy and afraid to go on finasteride- I know the studies prove its low % but WHAT IF im that guy-
I feel like I really dont want to f*** with hormones so I am looking at getting RU for the DHT Blocking.

You're afraid to use an FDA approved drug, so instead you're going to use an experimental compound? Dude, try finasteride first. RU, imo, should be a last resort if finasteride/dutasteride doesn't work for you.

-5% minoxidil (Foam for morning, Liquid for night)
-Derma Roller 1mm
-1% Ketoconazole Shampoo (just bought a new bottle of Palma 'Dor Gold Label - it stopped my hairloss, I dont shed or see hair when I shower. It says its a full spectrum DHT blocker- will maybe switch to nizoral after its finished)
- Biotin, Zinc, MSM, Saw Palmeto

Looks like an alright plan. I would definitely add finasteride though...doesn't Saw Palmeto carry similar side effect risks to finasteride anyway? I'd say drop that and add finasteride.

Make sure you educate yourself on proper dermarolling...I have no experience with it as it sketches me out a bit, but I know some people here swear by it.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should get on minoxidil and finasteride very quickly. I did not when I had your same hair, and now I regret it...

P.S.: great avatar, I love Bojack Horseman.

whiteafrican

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I will think about finasteride- maybe 0.5mg dose per day?

I just don't want to deal with side effects- already worrying about hair loss don't wana worry about ED and gyno ON TOP of that -would bum me the f*** out.

Dante and Kj did you guys have any sides with finasteride? I ordered minoxidil , its on the way- although I have to go get a prescription for finasteride- should I wait and start both together or should I start with the minoxidil so long?

Thanks Dante love him too :p

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I will think about finasteride- maybe 0.5mg dose per day?

I just don't want to deal with side effects- already worrying about hair loss don't wana worry about ED and gyno ON TOP of that -would bum me the f*** out.

Dante and Kj did you guys have any sides with finasteride? I ordered minoxidil , its on the way- although I have to go get a prescription for finasteride- should I wait and start both together or should I start with the minoxidil so long?

Thanks Dante love him too :p

I started minoxidil a couple months before I was able to get a prescription for finasteride...just start it now, doesn't matter...the sooner you start the sooner you'll see results

Over 3 months into finasteride and no sides apart from my semen being kind of watery. Erections and pecs both hard as ever lol