Whitemog's Story - (21yrs old - Temple Recession - Pix)

whitemogs

Reaction score
well, hair(mostly the front and temples) have been thinning since id say 4-5 years. im 21 now, on a regimen as well. mostly the big 3. what norwood do you guys suppose i am? i have as you can see temple recession. my hair is very thick back sides top. only the front and temples feel and are thin. the regimen seems to be working i do see new regrowth; the price was thinner hair where i applied the foam. hopefully things get better. anything else you guys recommend to thicken the front up gratefully appreciate it. and ofcourse your opinions on the state of my hair :dunno:

Attachments

• hltpic 1.JPG
    hltpic 1.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,026
  • hlt2.JPG
    hlt2.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,997
  • hlt3.JPG
    hlt3.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,976

Pondle

Reaction score
Re: whitemogs story

Probably a Norwood 2? If you're on the Big 3 you're doing all you reasonably can to treat your hairloss.

whitemogs

Reaction score

yea i thought it was worse oh well much better then. i do have alot of vellus hairs on my temples, light and dark. mostly light though, ive only been on finasteride like 5 months and skipped one so i guess its 4 months! btw i think finasteride has definately thinned my hair, that or either rogaine but the front after 1 day and a half of not washing looks thin pisses me off :freaked2:

Pondle

Reaction score

I'm guessing that Rogaine caused the thinning - it's well known to cause an initial shedding phase, often pretty horrendous! finasteride, on the other hand should noticeably reduce daily hair loss within 3 months, although some guys do report a shedding phase. You need to use the drug consistently to get the best results. Remember, it has a short half-life (6-8 hrs) and DHT levels start to bounce back a few days after a single dose.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I dont see hair loss at all

whitemogs

Reaction score

Dude look at my temple, I believe that should be covered in hair haha. It certainly is hairloss IMO

RaginDemon

Reaction score

whitemogs said:
Dude look at my temple, I believe that should be covered in hair haha. It certainly is hairloss IMO

if you say so

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

my hair looks a lot like yours. a year ago, i thought in my midn i couldnt be havin hair loss

a few months down the line, those vellus hair regions on th etemple and front started to die and it started lookin really bad

thankfully the propecia has saved it

so i dont think it's wrong to be concerned at your stage..but rest assured your hair looks great!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you can go to a derm and find out if its male pattern baldness if you are concerned.

smartsang

Reaction score

At a certain point in ones life, everyone will get a mature hair line, the temples receed to that pattern. Very normal mate, I don't think you've got anything to worry about!

whitemogs

Reaction score

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It may be a mature hairline, although my brother is a Norwood 3.5 and all my brothers have recession. My uncle from moms side is bald and so is my moms dad. I do feel that its getting deeper the temples and towards the fringe, nonetheless I'm on min and finasteride. I do see regrowth small but its there. And to ps1freak thanks for the compliment goodluck with your regimen

RaginDemon

Reaction score

whitemogs said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback. It may be a mature hairline, although my brother is a Norwood 3.5 and all my brothers have recession. My uncle from moms side is bald and so is my moms dad. I do feel that its getting deeper the temples and towards the fringe, nonetheless I'm on min and finasteride. I do see regrowth small but its there. And to ps1freak thanks for the compliment goodluck with your regimen

thats strong evidence that you might have male pattern baldness. You can always find out the truth by vising a derm.