who has good results

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just an idea, but there are a lot of questions people ask about treatments, and say they have had success over the years just kinda vaguely, so i just thought it would be nice to organize one topic into just people who have had success, especially over the long term, and the degree, just to keep people motivated and stick to their regimen. and maybe a little hope for people like me who were completely devasted.

Me: been using propecia/supplements for three months and seem to have some good growth coming in all along and just behind my hairline. My hair feels healthier. looking forward to what the next few months will bring

G

The answer is simple: people with good results are afraid of telling because they think that they will be punished and it will reverse. People with bad result aren´t asked to reply.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't say I have had good results yet, but I have had encouraging results. I started using 5% minoxidil and Tricomin in early August 2004. At first, however, I would apply it, and then almost immediately blow dry my hair, because I didn't know any better. So I don't know if the minoxidil was doing any good. After about three weeks I found out that I shouldn't be blow drying, so I guess I should say that I've been using minoxidil and Tricomin correctly since the beginning of September, at which time I also started using dutasteride and 2% Nizoral.

So far I've noticed some small vellus hairs along my hairline and temples. A few of them seem to be starting to get a bit thicker and slightly longer, but nothing noticeable yet to anyone but me. Still, the hair on my crown has definitely thickened. I can't tell whether those are new hairs or just thickening of existing hair (that's more likely), but my scalp coverage is much better on my crown. No change on my vertex yet, where I have a noticeable balding spot.

I also shed very few hairs anymore. I used to lose lots when I washed my hair, but now, hardly any. So for being on treatment for basically two months, I am encouraged.