Who Makes Generic Proscar??

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
I ask my fiance about generic Proscar and she said it doesnt exist. She said if it did exist the insurance companies would be all over it to save money due to the Jersey law.( If a doctor precribed a name brand the pharm. must give the generic) I saw the generic at the HairLossTalk.com store and also at Planetdrugstore, but who makes it? Brazil? and is it legit?

Sorry if this question has been answered at other post.....didnt have time to look. thanx

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, one source that has been discussed here is the Cipla company in India. They make a generic finasteride that they call Finpecia.

Is it legitimate? I would think so, Cipla is a fairly big and established company.

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Gardener,

Im reading post that are made promoting {Finscar} over Proscar due to cost, but is it legit?

I know you referenced Cipla who makes Finpecia but thats sounds like 1mg.

If (Finscar/Finpecia) is legit why dont doctors/pharm./insurance companies recognize it, or distribute it here in the states?

I know Propecia isnt a big seller for Merck but Proscar is, but no generic is offered for prostate enlargment? It doesnt make any sense?
Im scared to trust it, im not demoting it, but when I read post stating (buy generic)...I cant find solid evidence that its legit.

Again Im not demoting generic!! Im only questioning its source!!

Axon

Reaction score
No company can release a generic in America as yet, as Merck still has a couple years left on their patent. They can't sell a generic here yet, it is illegal. Read up on the patent laws for more on this.

That being said, I've found that generics are perfectly legitimate. I have them, I use them, they are the real deal. If you don't feel comfortable using a generic from India, and I can understand that impulse, feel free to use the standard route and get U.S. made Proscar.