who thiks 125mg or oral spironolactone and 0.5 of avodart will work?

antonio666

Reaction score
been on avodart for 8 and half months,added 125 of oral spironolactone 3 weeks ago.

avodart has maintained the back 2/3 of my hair,maybe slight thickening in areas,the front has thinned out though not horribly but it has lost some density.
overall i am dissapointed in avodart,so i will continue it until the 18 month mark.
i have recently added oral spironolactone at 125 dose to combat the extra test that avodart creates,no side effects so far but i am shedding at the moment,hope this is a good sign.

now if this does not work i know that i will never win the battle.

who thiks this should at least stop the loss,als i am prepared to grow boobs and all the other potetail side effects,just want my hair to look great again

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you will stop any future loss with that regimen. I suggest you take the spironolactone in 2 separate doses though - morning/night.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
I think you will stop any future loss with that regimen. I suggest you take the spironolactone in 2 separate doses though - morning/night.
Oral spironolactone is most effective at 200 mg. I take 100 mg in the am and 100 mg at bedtime. You should take it like this if you are doing the spironolactone route. Also you need to give anything you do 2 years before changing anything up or quitting. It took a long time to get to where you are, and it takes even longer for things to work if they are going to.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Man isn't oral spironolactone supposed to have some really nasty, potentially lethal side effects?

IBM

Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
Man isn't oral spironolactone supposed to have some really nasty, potentially lethal side effects?

I'm taking 50mg/day and i'm fine. Some sleepy mood here and there but nothing more. For those who want to keep hair at all costs i think oral spironolactone is a must.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oral spironolactone is most effective at 200 mg. I take 100 mg in the am and 100 mg at bedtime. You should take it like this if you are doing the spironolactone route. Also you need to give anything you do 2 years before changing anything up or quitting. It took a long time to get to where you are, and it takes even longer for things to work if they are going to.

Are you male or female?

And are you using anything else?

Also how long have you been on 200mg of oral spironolactone for?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't see how you can stay on that regimen for a long period of time without causing some bodily changes.

I know that wasn't your question, but this sounds like bad news in the long-term.