who wants to split cost of linoleic acid? ~$25 each for500mL

CCS

Reaction score
https://citychem.readyhosting.com/produ ... ?Pid=L1052

Minimum purchase $100, free shipping. That means I need to get 2.250 mL. If I buy that I'll sell the individual bottles at that price, or better yet maybe we can get 6 people on this and have 250-500mL each.

Benefits:

Linoleic acid inhibits 5ar somehow, much stronger than oleic acid by not as strong as GLA. It is equal to ALA, but not inflammatory like ALA. Oily sebum is made from linoleic acid, and when not enough linoleic acid is around, sebum glands make waxy sebum from oleic acid. The 5ar inhibition should reduce sebum a little and make up for the oilyness of the linoleic acid.

Suggested use:
Put some in your minoxidil or in your other face or hair topicals as a penetration enhancer or to make a liquid creamer, with the above benefits.

It is not nearly as cheap as oleic acid, but who can store a gallon of oleic acid for years anyway. Even 20% in your minoxidil, 12mL, would last you 20 months just with 250mL. I want to get some, but I don't want to buy all that at once for my self when it might spoil in a year or two in my freezer.

If you want in, let me know. In about a week, goingat20, mgmt, hairhaircomeagain, and newbaldy84 will be able to give me references. And Jayman will soon be able to vouch I sent him his $70.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that the storage and stability of linoleic acid is a serious issue.

CCS

Reaction score
I plan to store it in the freezer and add 0.5% BHT and maybe some 2% grapeseed extract. Do you think that will protect it a year?

I can ship it to everyone that way. 250 mL each if we have 9 people, but 500mL or so if we get 4 or 5 people. $12.5 or $25 ish respectively.

I also think some KOH needs to be added, to bring the pH up to 5. The pH in the scalp is 5, so deprotonating the acid should not be an issue. I won't ship it that way if the 50% de-protonated acid would break down faster.