Why are Copper Peptides so Important?

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
The Comparative Histopathology of Male-Pattern Baldness and Senescent Baldness" Albert M. Kligman, MD, PhD

"All of the early male pattern baldness features are present. More of the shortened follicles are in telogen. The streamers still show considerable inflammation, but fibrosis is in greater evidence, with many parallel bundles of dense collagen. Occasional streamers eventually end up as fibrotic tracts. These are subfollicular scars. These fibrous bands have few cells, sparse vessels, and show hyalinized collagen. End-stage fibrosis of this degree is not common; surprisingly, some seem to undergo partial resorption, suggesting that they might disappear altogether...."

"male pattern baldness is a genetically determined inflammatory disorder that should not be considered as premature aging. The etiology of the inflammation is unknown. Follicular miniaturization in male pattern baldness is a consequence of pathologic fibrosis of the connective tissue sheath. The central pathology relates to abnormalities of the perifollicular connective tissue sheath, evident as inflamed streamers subtending involuting follicles. Those streamers show fibroplasia and hypertrophy, along with proliferation of capillaries and a mixed infiltrate of lymphocytes, histocytes, and mast cells. Chronic inflammation of the streamers prevents anagen follicles from being fully reconstructed during the new cycle. After many years, this can lead to scarring and preclude regeneration. Even in advanced male pattern baldness, most follicles were not fully scarred, offering the theoretical possibility of regrowth. Fibrotic streamers are increased in proportion to the duration of baldness and chronologic age".

As you see, inflammation and fibrosis are essential players in male pattern baldness. Cu Peptides are capable of preventing and even reversing tissue fibrosis.

Thanks bryan for posting this excerpt.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome post!!!This info supports my opinion that copper peptides be a must to any hairloss regime .

G

I bought the superexpensive tricomin thing but it doesn´t say HOW much to apply and how often!!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Same here, but I read somewhere that you have to apply it 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once at night on damp or dry hair. I also got the shampoooo and conditioner. Kind of excited, I now have the Nizarol, Propecia and the Cu-Peptide.

Cassin

Reaction score
Dr Pickart says you only need it 3 times a week. And he used to own part of Procyte which makes Tri. Just use roughly 1 ml on the affected area.....thats all you need. I use 3 sprays a day since I have severe irritation though. Plus I spray it one time on my face per day.

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, is Tricomin the same as Folligen or are they different?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
They are both the same product in that they deliver copper to the follicle but thier potency comparison can be debated .Regardless I feel having one of the products in your regime will make a big difference .I have just received revitalize (by procyte as well)in the mail and its 25$ for 6 oz. so its not to costly but it is saturated with perfume which I'm not all that excited about but atleast its a good smell .I don't care to have the perfume in my skin just the copper .

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
See my thread on "Tricomin Spray? Not for Me!"

I use the Rogaine Dauber applicator to apply exactly 1 mL daily. I think I'd end up using too much if I didn't measure.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude thanks for the tin post but how can I get some .Please resond .

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
From what I've read in these forums, copper peptides seem like a good "risk-free" addition to any regimen, especially for someone dealing with scalp irritation (depending on the brand or whatever.) I say risk free because compared to other topical regrowth products, I'm thinking of monoxidil and spironolactone, Cu-peptides don't seem to have negative effects on any one who tries them. A lot of people swear, in the face of science and many of the people on this board, that monoxidil worsened their situation beyond the predictable shed. I've read the same thing about spironolactone.

So my question is am I right? I realize both monoxidil and spironolactone have positive reactions for most, but at this point I want to add something to my finasteride and nizoral thats going to be all positive, even if its not necessarily the best possible choice for a third product according to science. Like i said, I'm having irritation problems that aren't being totally resolved by Nizoral.

Anyone have any negative reactions to Cu-peptides? And whats the best way to buy them(can't really afford all the different forms? Cream, spray, slightly less thick cream... I'd be using it in areas with thinning hair not slick scalp.

Thanks!

G

I a had a look at the HairLossTalk.com product review for Folligen and in the application instructions It says:

Then start using 2% Minoxidil along with Folligen If this is not irritating, move up to Folligen and 5% Minoxidil. Apply the Minoxidil and let it dry for about a minute, then apply the Folligen

what!?

my minoxidil takes 2 or 3 hours to dry, where the hell does this one minute stuff come from???

Anyhow, what is the general consensus on Folligen how to appy it (in conjuction with minoxidil) and how does it rate against other Copper Peptide products or Tin-Peptides for that matter

cheers for any info

Ty

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I apply my Tricomin at night, after my PM application of minoxidil has dried.

I haven't had any side effects from Tricomin, but I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything either (kinda how I feel about everything in my regimen!)

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having irritation problems that aren't being totally resolved by Nizoral.

Nizoral does not help the kind of inflammation that causes male pattern baldness. Nizoral works to eliminated inflammation associated with a microbial fungus.

The kind of inflammation and the fibrosis associated with male pattern baldness is triggered by androgens, and usually the only symptom is hair loss.

The only thing that i know of that can treat and reverse this is Copper Peptides.

G

TortoiseAndHair said:

how do you know you are not forming a barrier with the dried minoxidil, that may stop the copper-peptides getting to where they need too???

Cheers for any info

Ty

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
TortoiseAndHair said:

how do you know you are not forming a barrier with the dried minoxidil, that may stop the copper-peptides getting to where they need too???

Cheers for any info

Ty

You're right. I don't.
I just emailed ProCyte with the question. We'll see what they say.

My instinct is that it doesn't matter when you apply it. However, I can't deal with both Rogaine and Tricomin running down my forehead at the same time :)

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
JesusFreak said:
The kind of inflammation and the fibrosis associated with male pattern baldness is triggered by androgens, and usually the only symptom is hair loss.

The only thing that i know of that can treat and reverse this is Copper Peptides.

What product in what form should i get to apply to areas of thinning hair? I see Cu-peptides come in sprays lotions and creams. I only want to up my costs a bit so i need to go with the right format. The cream seems obviously of best use for slick scalp(not what im worried about). And spraying my entire head seems like an indirect way to apply the stuff, having to touch every bit of my hair before it reaches the scalp.

But I've never seen the stuff used. Any ideas?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wil Tricomin induce a shed? Cause my hair is finally stabalizing. JesusFreak, what do you have to say my friend...

T-Boner

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
djApolloCreed said:
JesusFreak said:

What product in what form should i get to apply to areas of thinning hair? I see Cu-peptides come in sprays lotions and creams. I only want to up my costs a bit so i need to go with the right format. The cream seems obviously of best use for slick scalp(not what im worried about). And spraying my entire head seems like an indirect way to apply the stuff, having to touch every bit of my hair before it reaches the scalp.

But I've never seen the stuff used. Any ideas?

I use Tricomin spray bottle, but I use a minoxidil dropper/dauber to apply it, so I don't have to worry about getting it all over my hair.