Why do people order finasteride online?

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
It is sold in pharmacies for gods sake....just get a perscription!
What? Is it cheaper on the web?

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
In Canada it's 60$ a month! From what i've heard it's way cheaper to buy Proscar online and divide it into 4 with a pill cutter. I don't know what the going rate for proscar is online i may look into it. For me 60$ a month is pretty steep.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Emuler said:
In Canada it's 60$ a month! From what i've heard it's way cheaper to buy Proscar online and divide it into 4 with a pill cutter. I don't know what the going rate for proscar is online i may look into it. For me 60$ a month is pretty steep.

You could travel across the border and buy in the U.S.. :laugh:

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Costs under $3 dollar per month for 1.25mg of finasteride each day on the web yet in the store it costs 60$ dollar per month for 1mg of finasteride each day, go figure.

More than 20 times as much to buy it in the store.

Cassin

Reaction score
first said:
Costs under $3 dollar per month for 1.25mg of finasteride each day on the web yet in the store it costs 60$ dollar per month for 1mg of finasteride each day, go figure.

You're talking about generics that may or may not be legit and you're comparing it to highly expensive propecia.

I would much rather get pharmacy 5mg proscar that costs me $75 per bottle and lasts 4 months once it is quartered. Legit and piece of mind. Hair loss forums are filled with people asking what sites are legit and worried about fake drugs. I don't want to mess with that.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced that quartering a pill divides the dosage equally, but close enough I suppose.

Epiphany

Reaction score
Cipla are a reputable company who make Finpecia (1mg Finasteride).

Here's the thing - finasteride is finasteride is finasteride. Merck haven't put this magical ingredient in THEIR finasteride to justify the expense.

I order Finpecia from United Pharmacied and I know it's legit because it has Cipla's mark on both the box and tabs.

Sorry Merck :smack:

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
Emuler said:

Serious? I live in Alberta, with my Alberta Blue cross plan (45 a month for almost full health coverage + dental, optical) it costs me 14.95 for 20 proscar tabs. Cut them up into 5ths, and that's 100 days worth for 14.95...

Hit5

Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
It is sold in pharmacies for gods sake....just get a perscription!
What? Is it cheaper on the web?

Y E S !
about 85% cheaper for the same generic finasteride.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
first said:

You're talking about generics that may or may not be legit and you're comparing it to highly expensive propecia.
Well, I just answered his question as to why people are ordering it online instead of purchasing it at the local drugstore. The $3 dollar per month finasteride works fine for me, I am actually using half that dose, so it is just under $1.5 per month, less than a bottle of milk. Gotta love the Internet and the generics.

CD79

Reaction score
Epiphany said:

Here's the thing - finasteride is finasteride is finasteride. Merck haven't put this magical ingredient in THEIR finasteride to justify the expense.

I order Finpecia from United Pharmacied and I know it's legit because it has Cipla's mark on both the box and tabs.

Because there is no guarantee that you're getting what you're paying for. None of these pharmacies are legal and there is a massive market for fake drugs on the internet. A recent investigation showed that when tested over 60% of medicines bought from unlicenced online pharmacies were fakes.

Take from that what you will but if you get genuine finasteride one month and not the next it will play f*** with your hair.

I'd rather pay a bit extra for the peace of mind of a genuine doctor's prescription. Genuine Propecia from Boots in the UK is £30 a month which works out at £7.50 a week or about a pound a day.

Is a pound a day too much to pay to keep your hair? Most people probably waste more than that a day.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
The Proscar at my local pharmacy cost 40$ for 28 pills (112 day supply). That's about 10.70$ per month.

EDIT: I miscalculated when converting norwegian currency. Now it's correct.

bubka

Reaction score
I remember the sad days of getting my 30 pills of propecia for 75$ cash in the US, it is probably like $90 now. But hey, it was well worth it in my case.

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
I get mine from inhouse pharmacy, but I read in Sunday's observer that 60% of drugs ordered online are fake....and something like propecia, which has such a subtle effect is no doubt very easy to forge....worrying indeed

Epiphany

Reaction score
CD79 said:
Epiphany said:

Because there is no guarantee that you're getting what you're paying for. None of these pharmacies are legal and there is a massive market for fake drugs on the internet. A recent investigation showed that when tested over 60% of medicines bought from unlicenced online pharmacies were fakes.

Take from that what you will but if you get genuine finasteride one month and not the next it will play f*** with your hair.

I'd rather pay a bit extra for the peace of mind of a genuine doctor's prescription. Genuine Propecia from Boots in the UK is £30 a month which works out at £7.50 a week or about a pound a day.

Is a pound a day too much to pay to keep your hair? Most people probably waste more than that a day.

Cipla's Finpecia (Finasteride 1mg) has done wonders for me.

You have heard of Cipla haven't you?

The almighty Merck clearly have you by the balls. :jump: :jump:

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
Ok, ive been on propecia since feb this year and I have to say it appears to have rapidly ncreased my hair loss. I no longer have a hairline to speak of and i have a bald path now on the top of my head. Is it possible that counterfit drugs from inhouse pharmacy have exaccerbated my hair loss? I will be really angry if they have.

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Epiphany said:
Cipla's Finpecia (Finasteride 1mg) has done wonders for me.

You have heard of Cipla haven't you?

The almighty Merck clearly have you by the balls. :jump: :jump:

Quite agree. Finpecia has clearly made a difference for me as well.

I suppose those who don't buy generics or from the web will understandably argue they are going the safe route and have no reservations about the efficacy of what they are getting... but at the same time there are plenty of us for whom generics have worked great for. There's no need to push it on others in the forum to justify and feel better about the extra $ you spent.