Why does my hair always feel thinner after a haircut?

cochise

Reaction score
This always happens for about a week after I get it cut?? I only ever cut my hair 1/4 of an inch, so it's not like I'm cutting alot or going drastically short??

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Deaner

Reaction score
That to me is drastically short. Are you sure it's 1/4 of an inch? That's clippers with a guard material.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Well with all people hairloss and not....there is a lenght that makes ur hair looks more full than others, perhahps u should find urs....for me for instance when i buzz my hair on the lowest setting with a spacer ....the first 3 days after it starts grwonig looks the wrost....but then it looks better as it grows....so find ur length is all i can say

cochise

Reaction score
Hi,

I actually meant that the barber is only cutting off 1/4 inch of length, not that my hair is down to a 1/4 inch.

Thanks,

Steve

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Rock said:
Well with all people hairloss and not....there is a lenght that makes ur hair looks more full than others, perhahps u should find urs....for me for instance when i buzz my hair on the lowest setting with a spacer ....the first 3 days after it starts grwonig looks the wrost....but then it looks better as it grows....so find ur length is all i can say

This is very true. Experiment and find your ideal length. When I buzz my hair too short all the tiny bald patches become visible. When I let my hair grow too long the thinning is more evident. Somewhere in the middle is ideal.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very interesting observation. I think that my next time at my barbers I'll ask about that:) Thanks for the good discussion here :wink:

Greg