Why is minoxidil such a hassle? I dont see it!!

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about to put on my 6th minoxidil treatment and I'm kinda worried. Everyone complains about what a hassle it is. It takes me like 30 seconds. I give it like 7 drops total (less than 1ml) and massage a little bit. I have REALLY short hair and it gets right to the scalp so maybe thats it. But it doesnt seem like a problem. AM I doing somethign wrong? I mean..whats the big deal?

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably the length of the hair...if you had a mop it would probably be more difficult to insure it gets to all the zones..mines shaved so applying the goods is extremely easy..

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy! What a burn on non balding people with full heads of hair..it takes them longer to put on Rogaine.

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah we have it easy...i actually prefer it short so I can really study the hair pattern and regrowth...once more hairs are visible one might grow it out to see the full formation....

G

My hair is short, not shaved short or N°1, but just short and it also takes me 30 seconds, maybe a minute, to spread the butter on the toast, I was slow when I started but with practice have honed it right down.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks....do you short haired people think that 1ml is too much..it really feels like it is. I'd get like 12 drops from 1ml...i have cut that down to about 7. Any thoughts?

G

WithTheLidOff said:
Thanks....do you short haired people think that 1ml is too much..it really feels like it is. I'd get like 12 drops from 1ml...i have cut that down to about 7. Any thoughts?

no thoughts

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you aware that immediatley after putting the minoxidil on, your scalp will be shiny and wet-looking for twenty minutes? The shorter your hair, the more noticable will be the 'strange wetness' that all those people are staring at. Oh, they haven't said anything to you about it? :D

The Gardener

Reaction score
ShockWave said:
Its a hassle because you have to do it for the rest of your life.

The same can be said for any and every hairloss treatment discussed here. That is why I ALWAYS tell people to adopt a regimen that they can fit into their lifestyles.

minoxidil is a tool that requires persistence.

G

ShockWave said:

like brushing your teeth

or washing your face

or washing your hair

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
takeboard_kid said:
tynanW said:
ShockWave said:

like brushing your teeth

or washing your face

or washing your hair

how long do you leave the rogaine in for before washing it out?

I think the manufacturer recommends 4 hours, but my daytime application usually gets about 3 hours before I wash it and by then the minoxidil has dried off of my scalp. From my (possibly dodgy) memory of an earlier post the absorption rate after 1 hour is 40 - 45% and somewhere in the low 70's after 2 hours, so clearly the longer the better - up to a point.

Slarti