Why is Revita bad?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you look at its ingredients:
http://www.amazon.com/DS-Laboratories-R ... 002UD52WQ/

^ they put in pretty much EVERY POSSIBLE thing that helps with hair growth INCLUDING keto 1%.
At the very least, it should be better than plain nizoral.

Why isn't it part of the big three? And why does everyone here use Revivogen and other crap that only makes your hair APPEAR better/thicker without treating the main problem...

Is it because of the rumors that DS labs are diluting ingredients in the shampoo? :jackit:

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because none of those things actually do anything.

And it's way more expensive than standard Nizoral shampoo.

:)

I don't think 'everyone here uses Revivogen', but I agree that if they are they should probably stop wasting their cash.

I don't have much faith in Nizoral either btw, I only use it cos it's cheap and a harmless addition to the big 2.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Because none of those things actually do anything.

really?? keto, copper peptides, MSM, Apple Polyphenol, taurine, emu oil, biotin. I could give you a study for each of those ingredients.

I'm sure it does 100x more good than your average sodium acid crap shampoo.
Question is, why did this shampoo did not catch up with the hair loss community :shakehead:

hairhoper said:
And it's way more expensive than standard Nizoral shampoo.

revita - 180 ml - $21
nizoral - 100 ml - $20
http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/custome ... oductid=90

unless I'm an idiot for using unitedpharmacies... :jackit:

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah Nizoral is much cheaper in the UK, £7 for 100ml from Amazon, and it's about the same price from Boots which is a chemist they have on every high-street here.

Revita is 3 times more expensive (£21), admittedly for more (180ml) but as you're 'supposed' to use Revita every day, Nizoral will last far longer and is therefore loads cheaper.

I'm sure it does 100x more good than your average sodium acid crap shampoo.

100 times more than nothing yes, still nothing :D

As for studies, I don't believe there's a convincing study on any of those ingredients in Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers, especially delivered in a shampoo form for that matter, but I'd love to be proven wrong :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Yeah Nizoral is much cheaper in the UK, £7 for 100ml from Amazon, and it's about the same price from Boots which is a chemist they have on every high-street here.

are you talking about 2% nizoral?

hairhoper said:
Revita is 3 times more expensive (£21), admittedly for more (180ml) but as you're 'supposed' to use Revita every day, Nizoral will last far longer and is therefore loads cheaper.

so it's all because of money? $20/month is nothing and I'm sure you can rotate between nizoral 2% and revita if you're really cheap.

hairhoper said:
100 times more than nothing yes, still nothing :D

As for studies, I don't believe there's a convincing study on any of those ingredients in Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers, especially delivered in a shampoo form for that matter, but I'd love to be proven wrong :)

lol :innocent:

no, pick any ingredient from revita and google it: "[ingredient] hair loss".
All of those ingredients have SOME effect on your hair so I'm sure it adds up to something...

If this is not the best shampoo for hair loss, then what shampoo is?

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, 2%.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... al&x=0&y=0

2020 said:
lol

no, pick any ingredient from revita and google it: "[ingredient] hair loss".
All of those ingredients have SOME effect on your hair so I'm sure it adds up to something...

Heh, I'm not going to waste my time on that. I've done the whole googling for treatments thing and you can find a weak related study for just about anything.

If you're so sure then it should be easy for you to find me a convincing study for one of those ingredients that shows that it can halt hairloss or regrow hair for Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.

2020 said:
If this is not the best shampoo for hair loss, then what shampoo is?

That's probably impossible to answer because there's no evidence any of them really do anything (even Nizoral only has ~2 really tenuous studies on it). In the grand scheme of things shampoos are going to do pretty much nothing to stop hairloss.

2020 said:
so it's all because of money? $20/month is nothing and I'm sure you can rotate between nizoral 2% and revita if you're really cheap.

If I believed Revita did anything I would spend the cash. I'm just suggesting why it isn't in everyone's 'Big 3'. Most people are not going to be willing to shell out that much for a shampoo which isn't likely to bring them any benefit.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
They are just a shady company IMO. You always hear about the formulas being changed for the worse. At the end of the day a shampoo wont save your hair if your losing it so why spend a decent amount of money buying Revita shampoo. Just my 2 cents

Experienced Member
Reaction score
where does it say that's it's a 2%?

Yes, shampoo alone is too weak against male pattern baldness but if you're already on propecia it might help with the regrowth process...

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ohmanohno said:
They are just a shady company IMO. You always hear about the formulas being changed for the worse.

^ That might be the only reason why I didn't buy this shampoo...

ohmanohno said:
At the end of the day a shampoo wont save your hair if your losing it so why spend a decent amount of money buying Revita shampoo. Just my 2 cents

yes, but if you're on propecia, your hair loss is already halted for another 5+ years(average). The next step is regrowth, which I think is what this shampoo could help with

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A statement from DS Labs regarding claims that they're diluting ingredients:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in DS Laboratories' products.

We most certainly are not diluting ingredients in any of our shampoos. If you are referring to the latest product updates made to Revita shampoo, we are always looking for ways to improve our products and their effectiveness, so we update the formulas whenever we find a way to make them better.

We do try, as much as possible, to accommodate our customers' likes and dislikes and our R&D takes any and all feedback into close consideration. Some of our customers do prefer the latest formulation to previous ones. As mentioned above, every update is made with improved effectiveness in mind and is extensively researched before incorporation into our products.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Regards,

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So what, why do you keep defending them?

It's a shampoo, it won't help you. End of story.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not defending them... I'm just trying to decide which shampoo is the best against hair loss.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Well sorry, none of them :/

.... yes, using shampoo ALONE won't prevent hair loss.. but I refuse to believe that a good shampoo won't make any difference.
I'm already on finasteride, so my hair loss has halted, and right now I'm trying to replace my old shampoos with something different.
Nizoral is popular around here, but I'm not so sure that it's the best since it only contains one ingredient - keto. Really? Keto is all your hair needs? All those other ingredients in Revita/Revivogen are completely useless? :shakehead:

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Well sorry, none of them
< in terms of hair loss from male balding> :agree:

i use Nioxin and Nizoral. i think they slightly reduce hair loss. actually prolly maybe less than slightly.

i tend to go with posts like this:

tommmash said:
In my opinion revita is not efficient. The list of ingredients is good but does anybody knows if the amounts of them are sufficient? I used revita from may to august 09. I would say that revita did absolutely nothing.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I used Revita for several months. This shampoo is just marketing hype and sh*t just like all their products. It makes the hair looks very dry also. f*** this. If you want real results, Nizoral 2%. Miconazole shampoo 2%..yeah the ones for the dogs.. it works! If you want the best shampoo for your hair...not talking about male pattern baldness.. Andrew Walker Apple stem cell shampoo.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
I used Revita for several months. This shampoo is just marketing hype and sh*t just like all their products. It makes the hair looks very dry also. f*ck this. If you want real results, Nizoral 2%. Miconazole shampoo 2%..yeah the ones for the dogs.. it works!

this makes no sense...
how could nizoral ALONE be more effective than Revita? Revita has keto too you know, plus a bunch of other stuff that supposedly helps so why would it be worse?? :shakehead:

squeegee said:
If you want the best shampoo for your hair...not talking about male pattern baldness.. Andrew Walker Apple stem cell shampoo.

which shampoo is that?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
2020 said:
squeegee said:
I used Revita for several months. This shampoo is just marketing hype and sh*t just like all their products. It makes the hair looks very dry also. f*ck this. If you want real results, Nizoral 2%. Miconazole shampoo 2%..yeah the ones for the dogs.. it works!

this makes no sense...
how could nizoral ALONE be more effective than Revita? Revita has keto too you know, plus a bunch of other stuff that supposedly helps so why would it be worse?? :shakehead:

squeegee said:
If you want the best shampoo for your hair...not talking about male pattern baldness.. Andrew Walker Apple stem cell shampoo.

which shampoo is that?

2020 you such a f*****g looser.. Don't ask for feedback then.. Go buy that overpriced useless piece of sh*t shampoo in a fancy packaging and shut the f*** up. Nizoral 2% is better all the way. the add-ons in revita don't do squat sh*t. Revita blows. Can barely use it twice a day.. It is like using f*****g dish soap.. Hair get f*****g dry , feel looks like sh*t. Ketoconozole 2% by itself will do. Buy Copper peptides serum from DR Pickart and rock it with minoxidil. You really think that 4% caffeine will save your hair? Use google for the apple stem cell shampoo.. stop being lazy :bravo:

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
2020 said:
squeegee said:

this makes no sense...

squeegee said:

which shampoo is that?

2020 you such a f****ing looser.. Don't ask for feedback then.. Go buy that overpriced useless piece of sh*t shampoo in a fancy packaging and shut the f*ck up.

:laugh:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
2020 you such a f****ing looser.. Don't ask for feedback then.. Go buy that overpriced useless piece of sh*t shampoo in a fancy packaging and shut the f*ck up. Nizoral 2% is better all the way. the add-ons in revita don't do squat sh*t. Revita blows. Can barely use it twice a day.. It is like using f****ing dish soap.. Hair get f****ing dry , feel looks like sh*t. Ketoconozole 2% by itself will do. Buy Copper peptides serum from DR Pickart and rock it with minoxidil. You really think that 4% caffeine will save your hair? Use google for the apple stem cell shampoo.. stop being lazy :bravo:

Do%20It%20Live_medium_image.jpg

lol, how can you be so mad?