Why is terminal hair shedding on dutasteride?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking dutasteride 29 days ago, and probably after the first week my shedding increased noticeably and has been that way since. I am shedding a ton of miniaturized hairs, which doesn't bother me, however I notice hairs that appear to be rather thick on my hands as well that I am assuming are terminal hairs. I thought the general consensus was shedding increases after starting treatment because hairs are inflexible and when a follicle grows due to an absence of dht the hair must fall out and it must begin a new cycle with the new, thicker hair. But if a terminal hair is shed, this hair isn't shedding because it is going to grow out larger than before like a miniaturized hair would because it is already the maximum size. Anyone have any knowledge of this and why this is? Should I be shedding terminal hairs as well?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one has any info on how good responders usually shed after beginning treatments?

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on dutasteride 0.5mg morning and 1mg finasteride evening, 5 month in... And holy **** I'm facing a CRAZY HUGE SHEDDING!
I was a Norwood 1.3-1.5 before starting that regimen, I'm NW2 today with a severe thinning all over my scalp. But the weird thing is that in my right temple there is some new hairs that show off a Norwood -1 like when I was children, so fingers crossed !

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
dutasteride and finasteride!? You have some balls... for now at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean. Does your body even produce any dht at this point?

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude keep checking horror's stories from propeciahelp if you want. It's 5years since I'm fighting hairloss with Anti-Androgen, I'm still alive as my penis don't worry for that ;)

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Dude keep checking horror's stories from propeciahelp if you want. It's 5years since I'm fighting hairloss with Anti-Androgen, I'm still alive as my penis don't worry for that ;)
Good for you.