Why isn't RU commercially available?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I would love to give RU a try after seeing promising before and after photos and theory that its best topical for slowing/stopping hair loss WITHOUT sexual side effects. The only way I know of getting atm is through faith-eagle which is according to el_dut, about 300 a month. Now I spend a lot of money already fighting hair loss, and I believe it to be worth every penny. $300 a month is just crazy though, were talking $3600 a year. I would be willing to pay maybe 100-150 a month tops and not having to deal with mixing the ingredients myself.

Will we ever see this product commercially available and more affordable ?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
No, you will probably not see it commercially available. At least not in the next 10 years.

Why?
The reason is probably money.

Prostarkan have done Phase2 trials and have it available for licensing. Pzifer have developed their own RU, that they are testing. They will probably not pay Prostarkan for something they can develop their self. RU have been said to not be so easy to keep "fresh", so that could be another problem.

Another reason is that many think finasteride is good enough and that "something" big will happen in hair loss research the next 10 years, so why use millions of $ to release a drug that won't earn a lot because something better comes along?! Merck really don't make a lot of money of Propecia in the big picture. I guess a lot of firms are holding their breath to see if ARI, Intercytex Proto-hair, Follica, Histogen, Neosil and AndroScience have any good results. I believe in that we will see amazing research and drug-development in the next 10 years, but maybe not cure hair-loss, but certainly get better meds. WNT-protein is something many researchers are looking into. And many researcher are saying that anti-androgens are effective, but many people need a little extra. Dr. Proctor have said that he puts lots of different ingredients in his Proxiphen just to give people more "attack-points" on their hair loss, so they have a bigger chance of getting some success. Remember that it's not just DHT that damages your hair, researchers are know trying to look into it all and they are moving slowly forward.

One could even discuss that topical anti-androgen is not as effective as internal. Some(remember, just some) RU users have complained about RU losing it's effect after 2 years. But this is highly discussed and no one really knows the answer. This could maybe be connected to the AR being multiplied or become more sensitive. No one really knows. I just hope some users just got a bad shipment.

I don't think ProStarkan has released anything about their research about RU, so we don't really know how good it is in a big study. We know it have nice results for some people, but for all we know it's not really the superdrug we hope for. People will always want something they can't have, if you know what I mean. If RU was as effective as the hedgehog project I guess Donald Trump would bring his Alligator suitcase with cash.

If you are willing to bang out 150$ every month on one drug, I would test Proxiphen, just because is a good combo and easy to apply.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know why my topic was moved to the "experimental" section, as RU is a proven antiandrogen that works.... :dunno:

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
If you are willing to bang out 150$ every month on one drug, I would test Proxiphen, just because is a good combo and easy to apply.

Look at my regimen :)

CCS

Reaction score
Nuli said:
I would love to give RU a try after seeing promising before and after photos and theory that its best topical for slowing/stopping hair loss WITHOUT sexual side effects. The only way I know of getting atm is through faith-eagle which is according to el_dut, about 300 a month. Now I spend a lot of money already fighting hair loss, and I believe it to be worth every penny. $300 a month is just crazy though, were talking $3600 a year. I would be willing to pay maybe 100-150 a month tops and not having to deal with mixing the ingredients myself.

Will we ever see this product commercially available and more affordable ?

No it is $300 plus $90 shipping for 10 grams, which is probably a 10 month supply. Depends how strong you make it though. If you want 60mL per month, at 5%, that would be 3.3 months, so about $120 per month. I don't think you can even make 5% that easily. I tried, and it was easier to dissolve 2-3%.

Just go with 3% for $80 per month.

The reason they don't want to pay for testing is they know the FDA trials are expensive, and Propecia did not make enough money, so why sell RU if it might not make money either. Avodart out did Propecia, and GSK refused to pay for phaseIII trials. It was better, but not better enough. They knew most guys won't pay just to save their hair. They want miracle regrowth, and won't start until it is too late.

CCS

Reaction score
And synthesizing RU costs a bit more than synthesizing finasteride, and does not last as long either, which eats into the proffit.

CCS

Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:

Proctor gives you 30mL of cream. No way can you apply that to your whole scalp for a month. Topicals only work where they are applied, and maybe a half inch further away. But if you just put it on your hairline, it won't be long before your top goes, and then your sides thin. Big rip off. Maybe his NANO shampoo is worth something. If the ingredients are actually good I'd get that since it affects the whole scalp.

CCS

Reaction score
Nuli said:
I don't know why my topic was moved to the "experimental" section, as RU is a proven antiandrogen that works.... :dunno:

It is classified as experimental until it has phaseIII trials, or at least phaseII. Most people on here don't know much about it. While preliminary safety tests were done, there were no phaseIII side effect studies done.

With some guys allergic to PG, even topicals don't make everyone happy.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS,

I've always wanted to ask you why you post one after the other?
Seriously , can you not think about everything all at once? Maybe do some research before and layout your posts a bit better? Some of your posts are like 1-3 minutes after each other in the same thread.
Maybe you could just edit your original post instead of making some of these threads that page or two longer....

:dunno:

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
CCS,

I've always wanted to ask you why you post one after the other?
Seriously , can you not think about everything all at once? Maybe do some research before and layout your posts a bit better? Some of your posts are like 1-3 minutes after each other in the same thread.
Maybe you could just edit your original post instead of making some of these threads that page or two longer....

:dunno:

lol
maybe he's boosting his post count .

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Proctor gives you 30mL of cream. No way can you apply that to your whole scalp for a month. Topicals only work where they are applied, and maybe a half inch further away.

Well, I use it and it covers my scalp easily. I rub it all over my scalp just to be safe, a NW5-6 area, and I have up to now used 1.5month to empty 1 vial. I have a buzzcut, so that helps.

To be honest I think I must really use a lot to empty one vial in one moth. My trick is to apply after shower and then shake the vial and then use whats in the cap, then repeat the shaking once and apply.

Again finasteride is probably just as good for maintainance, but I got sides. And I believe more attack points on hair loss is better than just one. Proxiphen are no wonder drug, but it's a lot better than all the other snake oils out there.

CCS said:
The reason they don't want to pay for testing is they know the FDA trials are expensive, and Propecia did not make enough money, so why sell RU if it might not make money either. Avodart out did Propecia, and GSK refused to pay for phaseIII trials. It was better, but not better enough. They knew most guys won't pay just to save their hair. They want miracle regrowth, and won't start until it is too late.

I don't think you can rule out the side effects of dutas. Not even Propecia pushing doctors really want to recommend dutas for hair loss. I asked a Doctor thats losing his hair and he said that he thought dutas was a little to heavy to use just to treat hairloss. Might be good for some, but side effect % would probably be multiplied when compared to Propecia.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I just think a lot of guys would switch to using it, if it were able to stop hairloss similar to propecia, but with out worrying about sides.