Why no Bald Prime Minister since Churchill?

paulwojnicki

Reaction score
It's incredible to think really, considering that the vast majority of politicians and party leaders between 1950 and now have been middle aged men, that we haven’t had a bald prime minister in England since Churchill. I was looking at old pics of US Presidents and besides Ford (who wasn’t actually voted in) I can’t seem to find a bald President since Eisenhower. Even he is desperately trying to hide his pate with a horrendous combover. So why no bald leaders in the UK and USA for so long? Are we seen as weak?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well firstly being bald is a minority and secondly we all know that in todays world people judge with their eyes even on something as important as this.
I'm not saying it could'nt happen but I think it would probably take a bald guy with incredible charisma and poor opposition.
In the UK we had to bald opposition leaders and even while Blair was f*****g up the country neither of them came close to being elected.
Infact I even heard my dad say "nobody will vote for that bald twat".

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sadly this is so true. I bet Blair would have held onto power if he had started on the big 3.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Sadly this is so true. I bet Blair would have held onto power if he had started on the big 3.

Nothing sad about it. I never want a bald PM. It doesn't matter who the PM is they always get attacked and slated. I can imagine now all the bald jokes from the tabloids. Having a bald PM would do nothing but destroy the hard work Vin Diesel has done to make bald slightly ok.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Because to many of these shallow people, life is a popularity contest.

s.a.f

Reaction score
iamnaked said:

Blair did'nt want to hold on, thats why he handed over his mess to Gordon Brown, so he could go off and ca$h in on the after dinner speech circuit and write a biography.

Our prime minister is the representation of our country to the rest of the world. People dont want to be represented by a baldie or a fattie ect (even if this is just subconciously).
These days the british tabloids judge politicians on their appearance as much as they do other celebrities, their dress sense, how attractive their wife is how overweight they are ect ect. Look at the glamourous wives of American politicians or the ex model wife of the French premier, look at how British politician John Prescott was constantly ridiculed over his appearance. Did'nt Blair even get a tv makeover once by Trinny and Susanna?

Its just plain ridiculous I can see a time in the future when elections are held on a tv phone in show with a Simon Cowell type judging political wannabees, I'm not f*****g joking here. :shock:

paulwojnicki

Reaction score
The Italians have got a bald leader, and we all know how important style is to them...

Petchsky

Reaction score
paulwojnicki said:
The Italians have got a bald leader, and we all know how important style is to them...

Not anymore, as he had a transplant about 18 months ago, looking good for a former NW6.

Silvio Berlusconi

silvioAP0411_468x368.jpg

Silvio-Berlusconi_6_465250a.jpg

Not bad considering the amount of hairloss he suffered

s.a.f

Reaction score
That douche even had a facelift, not to mention the hair dye and fake tan. :shakehead: Just shows even someone in a position of such power and responsibility can still be obbsessed by their appearance. :jackit:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
That douche even had a facelift, not to mention the hair dye and fake tan. :shakehead: Just shows even someone in a position of such power and responsibility can still be obbsessed by their appearance. :jackit:

hes italian :tongue:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
as much as tony blair disgusts me i can't help but laugh at the total chaos he created ,then he leaves it all to the guy he promised the job to years ago,the guy who has dreamed of being PM for so long.He leaves old Gordon in the sh*t while he swans off around the world trying to bring the different faiths (the mass delusional) together in peace and harmony,a ha ha ha ........

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Nothing sad about it. I never want a bald PM. It doesn't matter who the PM is they always get attacked and slated. I can imagine now all the bald jokes from the tabloids. Having a bald PM would do nothing but destroy the hard work Vin Diesel has done to make bald slightly ok.

This is so true...

I don't understand why you Brits are so celebrity obsessed. Political correctness and politeness is basically in your blood, but when it comes to celeb lifestyle your tabloids don't leave a stone unturned. Worst of all, people get criticised for who they are, eg fat, bald, rather than being criticised for their actions.

There is celebrity culture all over the world, but your tabloids go over the top.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ali777 said:
This is so true...

I don't understand why you Brits are so celebrity obsessed. Political correctness and politeness is basically in your blood, but when it comes to celeb lifestyle your tabloids don't leave a stone unturned. Worst of all, people get criticised for who they are, eg fat, bald, rather than being criticised for their actions.

There is celebrity culture all over the world, but your tabloids go over the top.

i can't stand the celeb culture in this country,its f*****g despicable but what can you do when people live such mundane lives? they see celebs and they want a piece,not even realising just how badly fame can wreck a person,i can't wait to go live in the countryside,i really can't!