why not topical estrogen?

CCS

Reaction score
If estrogen is so good for hair? Could we grind up birth control pills and put them in a cream? I know there is more than one kind of estrogen, though.

Klapsen

Reaction score
I knew some people using very little amounts of Oestraclin topically and all of them have abandoned the treatment at one time or another due to its side effects.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.keratin.com/ac/baldnesstreat ... suse.shtml

In one randomized double blind study 51 men selected for androgenetic alopecia and having a telogen rate greater than 20% used a preparation of 0.025% 17alpha estradiol or placebo over six months. 63% of the treated patients had a reduction in their telogen rate compared to 37% of placebo users. 89% of estrogen users maintained hair growth with no further progression of androgenetic alopecia. However, no patient had significant hair growth with the treatment. So, it would seem topical estrogen solutions may help maintain hair growth but treatment does not stimulate hair regrowth for men with androgenetic alopecia.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey wookster,

What ever happen to Lawrence Cutsinger? Did he turn out to be a fraud like all of us said he would be?

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday III said:
Hey wookster,

What ever happen to Lawrence Cutsinger? Did he turn out to be a fraud like all of us said he would be?

What does "Cutsinger" have to do with topical estrogen? :wink:

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing, but it is just a question on the side. I didn't feel like making another thread about it.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday III said:
Nothing, but it is just a question on the side. I didn't feel like making another thread about it.

Is Cutsinger a fraud? He appears to believe in his "shampoo causes baldness" theory. The theory has serious flaws though.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
wookster said:
[quote="badasshairday III":43e6a]Hey wookster,

why cant you just answer the question.[/quote:43e6a]

Post subject: why not topical estrogen?

Are you a moderator, or possibly an agent of the thought police?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
wookster said:
wookster said:
[quote="badasshairday III":cd79b]Hey wookster,

why cant you just answer the question.

Are you a moderator, or possibly an agent of the thought police?[/quote:cd79b]

no i am not a mod, and you know IM not so i dont know why you are asking.

thought police? wtf....full of cute answers huh?

the guy asked you a question, and you responded back with a question of your own....how hard would it have been for you to SIMPLY answer his question.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wookster said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":f3f7e]
wookster said:
[quote="badasshairday III":f3f7e]Hey wookster,

Are you a moderator, or possibly an agent of the thought police?[/quote:f3f7e]

the guy asked you a question, and you responded back with a question of your own....how hard would it have been for you to SIMPLY answer his question.[/quote:f3f7e]

Can you contribute to the subject of topical estrogen? :D

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
wookster said:
wookster said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":6bdc3]
wookster said:
[quote="badasshairday III":6bdc3]Hey wookster,

Are you a moderator, or possibly an agent of the thought police?

the guy asked you a question, and you responded back with a question of your own....how hard would it have been for you to SIMPLY answer his question.[/quote:6bdc3]

Can you contribute to the subject of topical estrogen? :D[/quote:6bdc3]

I do not know if it would be beneficial at all...personally, i wouldn't bother.

CCS

Reaction score
sounds like topical estrogen is good for hair. The problem is estrogen is not metabolised quickly in the blood, so any topical will have systemic action. Though I don't know about such a low dose like 0.025%.

spironolactone, in contrast, is metabolised with a half life of 10 minutes in the blood. It works very well locally with no systemic effects.

To the first guy who replied: What dose did the people using topical estrogen use when they got side effects?

If it is a high dose, and birth conrol pills are a big dose, we can make a very cheap, dilute topical, maybe mixed right in with topical spironolactone and topical finasteride.