Why won't my head stop flaking!

Deaner

Reaction score
Everytime I fine tooth comb my head dry, flakes and flakes and flakes and flakes... Nizoral and H&S have apparently done nothing to combat this problem. It's not itchy or anything, but scratching at my head just keeps causing flake after flake after flake to come out (small dandruffy flakes at that). I dunno what to do next. I've tried looking up possible causes and remedies on the internet, but the only thing that keeps popping up is psoriasis, and from my understanding that's accompanied by red spots, and is a BIT peskier than what I've got. Should I just forget about it, and stop scratching my head just cuz I know it's there? Or is this something I should get treated?

As usual, thanks for the responses guys.

Edit: It MIGHT be helpful to note that scratching my head solicits a very relieving and pleasurable feeling, but there's no itching to begin with. This doesn't occur anywhere else on my head but the top.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
There's a couple things you can try...DO you use conditioner? if not, Start!
Try T/Sal by Neutrogena for a couple weeks. If that fails there's always Listerine. Somebody brought it up here before and he said it helped. Look it up on the internet too. It seems to have been a home remedy for dandruff for quite some time.

Deaner

Reaction score
Wouldn't listerine be horrrrible for your hair though?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I don't know. Do a search on listerine here and ask the guy who's using it. He could probably tell you more.

G

Edit: It MIGHT be helpful to note that scratching my head solicits a very relieving and pleasurable feeling, but there's no itching to begin with. This doesn't occur anywhere else on my head but the top.

Deaner I had the exact same thing!!!!!

No initial desperate need to scratch, but once I had started...oh boy...just try and stop me...it was like heroin!!!!!!!! felt great.

I don't get it any more, maybe up your Nizoral to 3-4 or even 5 times a week for a months or so...

or....try folligen for a month or two

or T/Gel (I use T/Gel and Nizoral)

or T/Sal....???????

Good Luck[/url]