Wi11iam's Story (22, min+spironolactone+nizoral /w pics, success so far!)

wi11iam

Reaction score
3 & 6 MONTH UPDATES BELOW

Hi guys,

This is my first post on HairLossTalk.com. I (like many others) have been a bit of a lurker on HairLossTalk.com for a couple of months, but haven't started any treatments or anything for several trivial reasons (commitment, living in the UK so need a prescription for finasteride etcetc, and mostly just dont want my insecurities to become public).

But today I realised f*** it, im going to do something about this hairloss. I'd say I am a NW2, my father is definitely a bald man, but he wears it well. As i am only 22, and see some thinning at the temples and crown, I think its time to start waging war on some DHT...not quite ready to be "that bald dude" yet.

I have order some generic minoxidil and nizoral, just waiting for the delivery, and am going to order some gen. finasteride at some point (might stagger the start for shedding).

I have read many posts from you guys on the forum, and I have read many successful and less successfull threads, but you all seem good blokes, all of us brought together by a common issue. I am inspired by your stories, and wish you all the best in treatments.

wi11iam

Reaction score
Re: Wi11iam's story

Hey all, so all my meds have been delivered pretty well, got the finpecia (from cipla) and am starting both finasteride + min tonight...pretty nervous

DAY 1

I've read a lot on this website but still feel like im starting something huge personally, any words of advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Ive also decided that putting the meds off would be stupid due to a lack of commitment, my hair is on my mind almost half of my bloody day (a lot of the time subconsciously) so at least im doing something about it, putting minoxidil on every day is no real burden at all.

Routine:

1mg finpecia daily
1ml min daily
revita 3x a week

day1
101019-003011.jpg

101028-223515.jpg

101019-003111.jpg

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Wi11iam's Story

i know this is a pretty old thread but it had no replies so i thought i'd put my $0.02 in
yeah man, looks like nw2 with diffuse thinning on the crown. to be honest, if the finasteride and min helps, which it seems to do very well (especially on the crown), i'd say you're sorted. your hairline still looks good - slightlyyyy receded but good, and if the top thickened up a bit i reckon you'd have an awesome head of hair.

hope you come back and keep us updated sometime :)

wi11iam

Reaction score
Re: Wi11iam's Story

3 MONTHS

Hey dudes

Three month update here, stopped using nizoral after a while but have hardly missed any days of min or finasteride. So heres some pics, you be the judges.

My hair quality feels thicker and better quality, and many people have commented that it appears a lot darker (my sis and mum thought I had dyed it lol). I have felt that

However....I am considering temporarily stopping finasteride, as my sex drive has dipped, don't get morning erections etc, although I can still do everything it just doesn't feel the same. Any advice for this would be greatly appreciated.

:( In terms of priorities, my penis comes before my hair!

p.s. sucks that there is no topical DHT blocker without side effects, I've read that finasteride wont work as its a type I inhibitor, only affecting prostate enzymes (or something along those lines)

Cheers

Will

Attachments

• 110126-224846.jpg
    110126-224846.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 110126-224654.jpg
    110126-224654.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 376

wi11iam

Reaction score
Re: Wi11iam's Story (22, minoxidil + spironolactone)

6 MONTHS

Hey all,

It has now been almost 3 months since coming off finasteride completely (from side effects), and my hair situation has surprisingly got a lot better since.

Routine is now: daily spironolactone (s5 cream ordered from this website) & minoxidil (1mL liquid), plus revita (keto shampoo) 3x a week.

My hair has basically stopped falling out completely, I've grown out the front and its hard to tell I have a receding hairline...I know I will never have a perfectly straight hairline (never really did even when young) but the fact that my hair is thick enough to style well is enough for me, and I'm not bothered if someone looks at the top of my head anymore.

The spironolactone cream really does its job IMHO, blocking DHT in the scalp while the minoxidil does its job.

Anyway here is some pics, let me know what you think and how all your regimens are going as well.

Attachments

• 110311-215747.jpg
    110311-215747.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 110311-221145.jpg
    110311-221145.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 110311-221404.jpg
    110311-221404.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 374

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

wi11iam said:
6 MONTHS

Hey all,

It has now been almost 3 months since coming off finasteride completely (from side effects), and my hair situation has surprisingly got a lot better since.

Routine is now: daily spironolactone (s5 cream ordered from this website) & minoxidil (1mL liquid), plus revita (keto shampoo) 3x a week.

My hair has basically stopped falling out completely, I've grown out the front and its hard to tell I have a receding hairline...I know I will never have a perfectly straight hairline (never really did even when young) but the fact that my hair is thick enough to style well is enough for me, and I'm not bothered if someone looks at the top of my head anymore.

The spironolactone cream really does its job IMHO, blocking DHT in the scalp while the minoxidil does its job.

Anyway here is some pics, let me know what you think and how all your regimens are going as well.

Dude wtf, your hair looks great now. How many times a day do you apply the spironolactone? Also, can you go into detail on how you apply the spironolactone to all of your head like step by step instructions. Thanks

Reaction score
Re: Wi11iam's Story (22, min+spironolactone+nizoral /w pics)

WHat the hell??

SO did you start your currently regime (spironolactone, revita, minoxidil) straight after stopping finasteride? or some time after?

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

while on finasteride for 3 months did you notic eyour hair getting worse or diffusing more ?

I ask because yuu say your hair got even better after stopping finasteride,

Thanks

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow dude, thats one hell of a succes in 6 months. Especially considering you dropped the finasteride, I guess the growth can be attributed to the minoxidil. Really makes me want to start minoxidil.. haha.

Congrats dude, you deserved this one!

Also, how do you style your hair, and what do you tell your barber? looks great.

wi11iam

Reaction score

abovedagame said:
wi11iam said:
6 MONTHS
Dude wtf, your hair looks great now. How many times a day do you apply the spironolactone? Also, can you go into detail on how you apply the spironolactone to all of your head like step by step instructions. Thanks

Love the "what the hell" reaction :D

I only apply s5 cream once a day:

1. Take small amounts on index fingers, and apply initially on hairline and then rub back into hair and scalp.
2. Part hair on crown and apply in different areas

I basically make sure everywhere in the crown area gets covered lightly, its getting harder to do as my hair gets longer (fyi...havent been able to grow my hair this long for 2 years)

wi11iam

Reaction score

123000123 said:
WHat the hell??

SO did you start your currently regime (spironolactone, revita, minoxidil) straight after stopping finasteride? or some time after?

I quit finasteride 3 months ago and started spironolactone straight away, didnt want any DHT present in my scalp at any time, been quite methodical in my routine and only missed a couple of days in the last 3 months

wi11iam

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
while on finasteride for 3 months did you notic eyour hair getting worse or diffusing more ?

I ask because yuu say your hair got even better after stopping finasteride,

Thanks

Nope I think that the finasteride stopped DHT in my scalp as I had no further loss while on it, allowing minoxidil to do its job. Its just taken a few months for the new thicker hairs to grow through, and the spironolactone is now doing the job my finasteride was doing.

Noticed your thread btw, congrats on your success with RU! Might switch when/if the price comes down.

Sebastien said:
Wow dude, thats one hell of a succes in 6 months. Especially considering you dropped the finasteride, I guess the growth can be attributed to the minoxidil. Really makes me want to start minoxidil.. haha.

Congrats dude, you deserved this one!

Also, how do you style your hair, and what do you tell your barber? looks great.

Thanks :) minoxidil really is awesome, and I'd say its been essential. My hair colour used to be light and ginger, but has gone a lot darker. And...I kind of cut my own hair with clippers lol, hairdressers are annoying (always cut it too short) and I can do a pretty good job of it.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

do you apply minoxidil twice a day?

how long after minoxidil do you apply the spironolactone?

Anon123

Reaction score

Will how do you apply the minoxidil effectively with the longer hair without it wrecking ur hair?

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm losing hair diffuse all over the top of my head, do you think I'd be able to apply the s5 cream through my hair? Or is it good enough to just put it in random spots and now have to cover the whole surface?

wi11iam

Reaction score

abovedagame said:
do you apply minoxidil twice a day?

how long after minoxidil do you apply the spironolactone?

I apply both only once a day, i put 1mL of minoxidil 5% on the problem areas and let it soak in for 5-10 mins, then I apply s5 cream after. The fact my hair is a bit wet makes it easier to apply the spironolactone :)

Anon123 said:
Will how do you apply the minoxidil effectively with the longer hair without it wrecking ur hair?

I part my hair so i can see the scalp where it goes on, and try to apply directly onto the scalp so as little goes on my hair as possible. I only apply the minoxidil at night after showering and shampooing (sometimes with keto). dont usually apply in the morning or it takes ages to dry and style!

Oh and conditioning helps, as the solvent can make my hair a bit dry

BornIn89 said:
I'm losing hair diffuse all over the top of my head, do you think I'd be able to apply the s5 cream through my hair? Or is it good enough to just put it in random spots and now have to cover the whole surface?

Ye what i like about the cream is that a little goes a long way, I tend to keep my cream in the fridge (bit wierd i know) so that when i apply it on my head i can feel the cold where its on the scalp. I dont usually cover the whole top of the head everyday, but spot in different places so some spironolactone gets all over the scalp every couple days.

wi11iam

Reaction score
Been another 2 months now, and my hair is still great. Some shedding, but hopefully its just the min doing its job. Compared to my first pics, i cant believe how much hair I have gained.

If anyone else has had side-effects from finasteride, I seriously recommend using min + s5 cream combo. Plus, applying the combo at night makes my hair look thicker and healthier (probably the cream), giving an aesthetic benefit.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, sorry i haven't checked back on this thread in a while. i wanted to keep an eye on it but i guess it slipped off my recent posts list and i forgot about it.
the good news is, however, that your progress is f*cking ridiculous. i'm not even kidding man, those 6 months pictures are amazing. from what i can see now, your hair isn't receding and your crown isn't thinning. at all. you have a movie star head of hair.

keep doing what you're doing and don't change a thing.

amazing progress.