Wife's not happy with my hair

luccca186

Reaction score
My wife thinks I should start doing something about my receding hairline. She also thinks my cowlick is turning into a bald spot. Is she correct? I think I should start to do something now before it’s too late. Also it will make the wife happy. Other than Rogaine and Propecia, can you guys recommend other options? I am a little on the fence with finasteride due to its side effect. But it seemed to be the best option other than hair transplant. So I think I will start with Rogaine first. What are your thoughts guys? Thanks.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your vertex is becoming thin and your hairline is receding. Try finasteride, if you get side effects then quit, most people don't get sides. I didn't get any sides at all. Finasteride is the most important thing. If you do get a transplant you will need to take finasteride to stop the non transplanted hair falling out, which is why surgeons will only perform a transplant if you have been on it for a year or two and it works for you. Fortunately you do not need a transplant, it is very likely you will be very successful on the big three and keep your hair as well as regrow hair at your crown and at the temples. I did after just 3 months. Best of luck, you're a good candidate, give finasteride a try and see how your body responds to it, if you get sides and quit then you'll be back to normal soon after quitting, but chances are you won't get sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and combine rogaine with finasteride and minoxidil for the best results.

Justeone

Reaction score
Get Nizoral use 1-2 x per week . 1mg finasteride every other day. also use minoxidil twice daily . I would also add a dermaroller as well . great thread about it here

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Like goldenmane said. You need finasteride. Most likely you will not get sides and if so cut back or drop it completely. minoxidil can thicken up the vertex pretty easily but won't do anything about your hairline and results will not be permanent plus applying twice a day can be a hassle. Try finasteride and then go from there. I say give it 6 months and if you want more add minoxidil to your program.

GwenGwen

Reaction score
Like the other guys suggest: you could try finasteride first. It's way easier to swallow a pill everyday than to apply minoxidil twice a day (takes time to dry, messes with your morning routine, etc.)

On a personal level, I suggest you think about the way YOU feel about your hair loss. With all due respect, no need to get pressure from other people (even if it's your wife). If you're going to invest time, efforts and money on this "project", make sure YOU think it's the best solution so YOU feel great about your body and your actions.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Next time mention that her wrinkles or weight bother you, and she should do something about them. If the loss doesn't bother you, don't bother seeking treatments.