Will Finpecia alone maintain for 5 years?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am strongly considering getting on Finpecia to prevent further miniaturization and to hopefully reverse some of it. I have had a mature hairline for around 5 years or so now and have been thinning on the top and crown for a solid year. I now have miniaturized hairs mixed in with my normal hair all over my head, hairline, top, crown and I am loosing density as a result.
What is the chance that getting on Fincar alone will stop or reverse this process for at least 3 to 5 years. I still have tons of hair but a lot of it is now miniaturized and I know it is on the way out. Also, can getting on Finesteride backfire? Are there those who end up with less hair then they would have had without it 5 years down the road? Thank you. :)

T

Timi

finasteride allone have works 14Years Great!
i have become full Hair!

than minoxidil for my Corners and i lost all Hair
from my 14Years finasteride Success

Timi

Reaction score
Are all miniaturized hairs shed during a Finesteride shed? I still have a lot of hair but have noticed over the last year that a lot of it is miniaturized to some extent. Should I expect to lose all of the miniaturized hair?

Oh and Timmi, that sucks hard man, I am sorry to hear that. Are you still on finasteride?

multispeed27

Established Member
Reaction score
According to the official longterm study from Merck itself the power of Propecia is often getting lost after a few years. Very often your body will resume producing DHT with more 5AR1 instead of 5AR2. That may also be the reason why some people experience permanent and seemingly irreversible side effects - once you stop taking Propecia their 5AR2 doesn't get back as the body produces DHT now with 5AR1. There seems to be a difference between the two DHT "versions" though and the way it connects with certain androgen receptors, thus the sides.