would like some feed back

G

Here is my story. About 6 months ago I was worried about my hair line so I went to my doctor and he put me on minx 2% once a day. Two months later I was shedding really badly so I went to a dermatologist who took my off the minoxidil and put me on proscare. I have been on Proscare for almost 4 months now and my hair looks worse then I ever thought it would it has thinned out really bad every where and my hair line is in really bad shape, my problem is now noticeable to other people that’s how bad it has gotten. I am still shedding more then I used to but the shedding hairs are still very thick and strong.
So I want to know if anyone else on here has a similar experience on Proscare and what the out come was. I think i would have been better off doing nothing.

Thanx

My current regiment

Folligen 3 times a week
Proscare 1.25 per day
nizoral 3 times a week

Considering adding 5% minoxidil

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
keep reading this site. Do searches. You'll find the answer.

Chances are it's a little bit of paranoia AND shedding. When you are aware that you are losing hair, you start to look at your hair closely, and you see thinning that you just never noticed before, most likely because it wasn't and still isn't very noticeable. But some do experience shedding in the first few months with propecia.

I recommend getting on minoxidil 5% for just your hairline. That's just me.

Good luck.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
start on minoxidil

just start on minoxidil..
make sure you take it 2 times daily...

initial irritation will be there but will go away with time...

G

minoxidil

I want to give the proscae at least 6 months before i add minoxidil

Petchsky

Reaction score
In actuality holding off the minoxidil intill you can weigh up the situation is a good call. Like Elguapo says read through this forum and you will see plenty of shed paranoia going on and also plenty of people stating that the shedding is a sign the drug is working. Four months appears to be the month of discontent for proscar users so ride it out brother yee haaa!!! (sorry, been watching to many westerns)

L, Petchsky

G

6 months

Do you think that six months is long enough to see if proscare is working or not?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Normally, but i have seen posts on here that said 8 months so if you wanted to be sure... what i did was look for one or two hairs at the front that are quite distinctive so every time you look in the mirror you can locate them and then just keep watching them, and that gives a pretty good idea of what is going on on the rest of your scalp... its probably easier to take before and after photos but i didn't have a digital camera at the time.

To conclude, you should know for sure by 8 months.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to give Finasteride a minimum of 6months to (preferably) 1year **before** you judge weather or not the drug is working for you.

Statically speaking, it should do what it is suppose to do for you (maintain hair).

The Finasteride, nizoral, and folligen sounds like a good solid routine to start with. Make sure you're using the 2% version of Nizoral and are using it every other day to every third day. In addition, first wash with a mild regular shampoo and then apply the Nizoral. Leave it on for atleast 5mins preferably 10mins.

If you can, use the Folligen 5-6days a week. Make sure you leave it on for at least 6hrs or so before washing.

Be consistent with the Finasteride. Pick a time during the day and make sure you stick with that time every day.

Take pics monthly. Then review every 3months.

The most important thing is you stick with your treatment and not freak out and shuffle things around. Consistency is extremely important when fighting hairloss (along with patients) :)

Good luck

G

yup

Yup i take it at the same time everyday, also i use follgin 3 times a week and the nizoral 3 times a week. I have no problem waiting just hope my hair line will as well.