Combine scalp protector and antiperspirant?

jdw89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Unfortunately, I have been trying in vain to find the right adhesive for me. Ghostbond Classic lasted a week. Ghostbond XL lasted two weeks. At the moment I've been using No Tape for just over a week, but the adhesive is already liquefying at the edges.

I have an oily scalp and exercise three times a week. As I live in Germany, the weather is very hairpiece friendly.

Has anyone here tried combining the No Sweat antiperspirant with a Scalp Protector? So first layer of No Sweat, then Scalp Protector and then the adhesive. It makes sense in my head - the only question is whether the No Sweat affects the adhesion of the Scalp Protector.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 weeks is good, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I use Ghostbond Platinum and I get a week's hold with 1 or 2 layers. And that's enough for me because I want to refresh the bond every week, else it feels unhealthy and dirty.

I have used some kind of anti-sweat too in the past, but it didn't help to extend the hold.

jdw89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't rebond myself. I go to a hair salon for it, which is quite expensive. That's why I try to achieve a long wearing time. What's more, don't the glue manufacturers specify much longer wearing times? Or are they unrealistic?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unrealistic and very un-sanitary, if you ask any of the experienced wearers here. I have never kept a system on for more than 2 and a half weeks, and that was a desperate time. 10 days is my max now and it feels so nice to get the system off and have it re-bonded fresh again.

I wear a UTS system, which is very easy to maintain yourself. I understand lace can be very difficult and messy. If you're wearing UTS/poly then I would 100% recommend learning to de/re (detach/re-attach) yourself. Trust me, it's so easy after the first couple of times - you can search my previous threads here for a detailed description of how I do it.

Once you learn to do it yourself it will save you so much money and time and stress.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unrealistic and very un-sanitary, if you ask any of the experienced wearers here. I have never kept a system on for more than 2 and a half weeks, and that was a desperate time. 10 days is my max now and it feels so nice to get the system off and have it re-bonded fresh again.

I wear for up to 4 weeks between reattachments without any sanitary problems. It depends on the climate you live in and your body chemistry though, I suppose. I wear a UTS system with lace hairline. I use Supertape for the UTS part and Ghostbond Platinum for the hairline. I get up to 1 to 2 weeks hold on the hairline before I redo that.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Unfortunately, I have been trying in vain to find the right adhesive for me. Ghostbond Classic lasted a week. Ghostbond XL lasted two weeks. At the moment I've been using No Tape for just over a week, but the adhesive is already liquefying at the edges.

I have an oily scalp and exercise three times a week. As I live in Germany, the weather is very hairpiece friendly.

Has anyone here tried combining the No Sweat antiperspirant with a Scalp Protector? So first layer of No Sweat, then Scalp Protector and then the adhesive. It makes sense in my head - the only question is whether the No Sweat affects the adhesion of the Scalp Protector.

I'd try a better hold bond if you want to go longer between reattachments. Try tape (Walker Ultrahold or Supertape) or a stronger hold glue e.g. Ghostbond Platinum or Walker Ultrahold. It comes down to some trial & error to find out what works best for you.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still jealous. The absolute best I get is one week, then it's sliding around like an ice skating rink. This is with pro hair Labs no sweat, max hold sport scalp protector, and ultra hold adhesive:(

jdw89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still jealous. The absolute best I get is one week, then it's sliding around like an ice skating rink. This is with pro hair Labs no sweat, max hold sport scalp protector, and ultra hold adhesive:(
Have you tried any silicone based glue?

Im realy confused regarding the pro hair labs water based glues. Is there any real difference like e. g. between XL or Platinum? Event the description on the website is exactly the same...