Effect and maintenance time of minoxidil alone

callpizza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please forgive me, my English is very poor because I come from China.Because of language problems, translators have to be used, so some sentences look strange.

I started to treat hair loss last August. At first, I used minoxidil (for external use) for about two months, and the effect was very good, but I stopped using it because it was too troublesome to use, and then I used finasteride until now.

Finasteride has too many side effects, such as peeling hands, anxiety, no erection in the morning (but it has recovered since March this year), less sperm, and a little mild ed these days. So I plan to stop using finasteride and switch to minoxidil.
There are several questions.

What is the efficiency of using minoxidil alone?

What are the side effects of long-term use of minoxidil?

How many years can you maintain your hair if you only use minoxidil?

My idea is to stick to minoxidil for several years until a new drug for hair loss comes on the market.
Thank you for your reply.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please forgive me, my English is very poor because I come from China.Because of language problems, translators have to be used, so some sentences look strange.

I started to treat hair loss last August. At first, I used minoxidil (for external use) for about two months, and the effect was very good, but I stopped using it because it was too troublesome to use, and then I used finasteride until now.

Finasteride has too many side effects, such as peeling hands, anxiety, no erection in the morning (but it has recovered since March this year), less sperm, and a little mild ed these days. So I plan to stop using finasteride and switch to minoxidil.
There are several questions.

What is the efficiency of using minoxidil alone?

What are the side effects of long-term use of minoxidil?

How many years can you maintain your hair if you only use minoxidil?

My idea is to stick to minoxidil for several years until a new drug for hair loss comes on the market.
Thank you for your reply.
finasteride and dutasteride are sh*t and gives u permanent lasting side effects when quitting. Happend to me. Also the drugs werent working whatsoever. Even sped up my balding.

callpizza

My Regimen
Reaction score
非那雄胺和度他雄胺是 sh*t,戒烟时会给 u 带来永久性的持久副作用。发生在我身上。此外,药物也不起作用。甚至加快了我的秃顶速度。
In China, almost all doctors say finasteride is safe. But in fact, at least I have a lot of side effects when using it myself. Of course, many people say that there is no problem after using it. I don't know. Although the therapeutic effect of finasteride is effective for me, I am still worried about the side effects of finasteride, so now I will switch to minoxidil for external use, at least it is safer.

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
In China, almost all doctors say finasteride is safe. But in fact, at least I have a lot of side effects when using it myself. Of course, many people say that there is no problem after using it. I don't know. Although the therapeutic effect of finasteride is effective for me, I am still worried about the side effects of finasteride, so now I will switch to minoxidil for external use, at least it is safer.
Finasteride is the most effective but the side effects are not worth it. If minoxidil was working then use it until it doesn't work. Few side effects with it.

callpizza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is the most effective but the side effects are not worth it. If minoxidil was working then use it until it doesn't work. Few side effects with it.
You're absolutely right.But there are really too few completely safe and effective treatment methods.Using finasteride is just a helpless choice.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me finasteride nor dutasteride was effective. It made hair worse even.
You're absolutely right.But there are really too few completely safe and effective treatment methods.Using finasteride is just a helpless choice.

Im using oral minoxidil tablets as my only treatment for now. Cause finasteride nor dutasteride worked and gave permanent sides.

callpizza

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me finasteride nor dutasteride was effective. It made hair worse even.

Im using oral minoxidil tablets as my only treatment for now. Cause finasteride nor dutasteride worked and gave permanent sides.
I should also try oral minoxidil in the future,and ru58841.But ru58841 is a bit expensive.Also, I don't know if the security of RU is feasible.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should also try oral minoxidil in the future,and ru58841.But ru58841 is a bit expensive.Also, I don't know if the security of RU is feasible.
I recently dropped RU. My hair oils I use makes me lose less hair than RU lol. Also RU is not from a trusted source and it goes systemic and block receptors everywhere in the body, and ofc expensive aswell. I wanna avoid applying alcohol and PG on my scalp everyday and RU made my hair texture weird like glue almost.

callpizza

My Regimen
Reaction score
我最近放弃了 RU。我使用的发油让我比 RU 脱发少,哈哈。此外,RU 不是来自可信赖的来源,它会全身性并阻断体内各处的受体,而且价格昂贵。我想避免每天在头皮上涂抹酒精和 PG,RU 让我的头发质地几乎像胶水一样奇怪。
太可怕了。ru的副作用是什么?另外,请问口服米诺地尔是否对身体有任何有害影响。