Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I promise you guys, if I ever win the lottery I'm dumping a whole slew of money into hair loss research ONLY.

Toddskii

Reaction score
Yep I would too man, the money that will be made by the people that cures this bull**** is gonna be unreal.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that you've brought it up, hellouser, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often. If I was rich, I'd make damn sure a huge chunk of my money went towards finding a cure for this nightmare. So why doesn't anyone seem to be doing that?

There's definitely a number of wealthy celebrities and millionaires out there struggling with hair loss, most of them probably even a lot more dependant on their appearance than random people. Like, it's clear Trump is insanely conscious of his hair and probably frothing at the mouth with all the mockery he's sustained over that, so how hasn't he single-handedly fixed this crap yet, given the insane amounts of money he's rolling in? You'd think he'd be drowning hair loss research in funds.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Probably a flap surgery.

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=6e12e8b3387a44daacfb73afba25a76e&ec=N4M2pleTqshFojtAM7PDyhnn3kvHa-h-" width="869px" height="489px"></script><iframe width="869" height="489" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html#pbid=6e12e8b3387a44daacfb73afba25a76e&ec=N4M2pleTqshFojtAM7PDyhnn3kvHa-h-&docUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairlosstalk.com%2Finteract%2Feditpost.php%3Fp%3D1291787%26do%3Deditpost" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

It perfectly suits his flapping gums. :)

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
The minimum investment is 25K... I wish I had the money. I wonder if Kevin O'Leary would be interested in Replicel/Histogen.

I've got $25,000 but I don't trust Histogen. They keep having trouble moving forward so I think that maybe they're product isn't as effective as we're hoping it is.
I'll call them next Wednesday but I really don't know about trusting them at this point with all of these delays.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
When will Histogen first hit the market and where?

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go! It's live! All the questions you guys posted have been answered in this interview AS WELL as some 'new news'. Thanks to everyone for contributing, this is definitely awesome!

[video=youtube;WZvCsanjllA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZvCsanjllA[/video]

Along with this, some things that I'd like to point out thats not in the video;

1) One of Dr. Naughton's concerns about the treatment is the end cost, so we definitely have someone we can trust for fair pricing. She agrees that hair transplants are too costly, some being nearly $20,000 (Dr. Rahal).
2) Dr. Naughton is also seeking a physician or clinician who's willing to do a pilot study with HSC in Canada. If we can find some names, we could have Histogen go straight to Phase III. I've already emailed Dr. Naughton with a couple names that may help her (Dr. Jeff Biernaskie and Dr. Marc Jeschke).
3) Dr. Naughton is on the board for Centre for commercialization of Regenerative Medicine in Canada. She mentions that that Canada is VERY friendly in this area, so Histogen could be a go for Americans where they could just hop south or north of the border and get HSC in either Mexico or Canada. I made mention that with the election of our new prime minister Justin Trudeau things could really pick up. She's willing to explore Canada as an option, FINGERS CROSSED!

A special note for EvilLocks; I asked about some things about it for women as well as mentioned you a little. :cool:

As promised, I'd be sharing the entire presentation. I know some of you may not have Microsoft Powerpoint, so I've exported ALL the slides into separate images and uploaded them to my Photobucket account. You can view these here:

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/hellouser/library/Histogen Presentation Hair Congress 2015?

However, the one slide you guys will really be thrilled with is this one:
Slide15.jpg

^ That result is absolutely incredible. Not only does HSC manage to fill in the forelock, but also the temples. I didn't have a whole lot of time to go over the presentation before my meeting with Dr. Naughton.
Also, keep in mind I have the audio recording of Dr. Naughton's presentation during the congress as well, I'm just waiting on the go ahead to put that online as well.

As a final note, THANK YOU to Dr. Gail Naughton for taking the time to meeting with me and big thanks to everyone on HairLossTalk.com for all the suggestions with questions!

It looks to me like in the baseline pic the patient is looking straight ahead while in the 24 week pic the patient is looking down. This could make a big difference. It makes it look like in the 24 week pic his hair has gotten thick enough that you can't see his facial features from an overview but maybe the real reason you can't see his facial features is because he's looking downward.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even though they may have combed the hair for a certain fuller look in the pictures, there's no denying it's an amazing result. This is after 24 weeks, AKA 6 months. Even our best bet finasteride/minoxidil combo doesn't do that in the first 6 months, or not to that extent.

Imagine a regimen of minoxidil/finasteride + histogen. It might well be all we need.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
When will Histogen first hit the market and where?

- - - Updated - - -

In the baseline pic the patient is looking straight ahead while in the 24 week pic the patient is looking down. This makes a big difference. It makes it look like the 24 week pic his hair has gotten thick enough that you can't see his facial features from an overview but the real reason you can't see his facial features is because he's looking downward.

You can't see his facial features because... guess what, his new HAIR is in the way. These comments about the photo being faked or having 'poor lighting' are ridiculous. You have to be trolling to make that kind of judgement.... that result is UNDENIABLY amazing.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obvious that the hair improved, but it's too bad that they chose to exagerrate the effect by using a different angle.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hmm.., I wonder what would possess them to do that?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't worried about the different angle until you guys mentioned it.

More worried about the fact it's one picture. That guy may simply be the best responder out of the entire sample.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
You can't see his facial features because... guess what, his new HAIR is in the way. These comments about the photo being faked or having 'poor lighting' are ridiculous. You have to be trolling to make that kind of judgement.... that result is UNDENIABLY amazing.

I'm not so sure. Let me contemplate these 2 photos a bit longer.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll bet the lucky bassted is smiling from ear-to-ear in that 24th week photo, but we can't tell because of all that new hair. He's a ringer for George Hairison I think. From a top view, anyway? :)

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope you are right Hellouser. But I fear that the truth is in the middle. There is improvement, but they did everything they could to exaggerate it. And he is probably the best responder. If I led a company that is looking for investment and I had photos of other subject's great improvement I would surely flood the internet with them..

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I'll bet the lucky bassted is smiling from ear-to-ear in that 24th week photo, but we can't tell because of all that new hair. He's a ringer for George Hairison I think. From a top view, anyway? :)

I think the reason we can't see if he's smiling is because he's looking downward. He may have more hair. I'm not saying he doesn't have more hair. I'm just saying that by looking downward that is obstructing our view of his facial features, and perhaps one of the reasons we think he has more hair is because we can't see his facial features.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm with hellouser because I am very impressed. All I can say is, Wow! I've never seen a result like it. And Gail Naughton sounded quite confident about that patient's success, as well as other results, during the interview with hellouser.

On the other hand if these people were making these claims at start of the last decade, I might be a little worried. I think that the SEC and justice dept down there in the states have since tightened regulations and laws concerning stock fraud, conflicts of interest, malfeasance etc. Far less room for stock promotion shenanigans in the US than here in Canada or any other country I think. Gail Naughton is a straight shooter as far as I can tell.