male pattern baldness research: Black tea reduces DHT 72%, Propecia 70%

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is almost as miserable as reading comments on youtube with claims about 'argan shampoo curing hair loss'

abcdefg

Reaction score
The reason all this other stuff is so popular is because people do not like the idea of taking a drug, and sometimes I am not sure I disagree there. I would agree though nothing else works nearly as well yet so its take it or go bald at this point

qerqrqwrqwr

Established Member
Reaction score
The reason all this other stuff is so popular is because people do not like the idea of taking a drug, and sometimes I am not sure I disagree there. I would agree though nothing else works nearly as well yet so its take it or go bald at this point

people want a natural alternative

but are any supplements that natural ? they go through so much processing, extraction , refinement, distillation etc,

I have used black tea extract. just not for me, there are better propecia alternatives out there.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
people want a natural alternative

but are any supplements that natural ? they go through so much processing, extraction , refinement, distillation etc,

I have used black tea extract. just not for me, there are better propecia alternatives out there.

Gobble down saw palmetto pills like tic-tacs and you might have a chance.

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. hellouser, but which form of saw palmetto will be optimal?
a) saw palmetto alone
b) saw palmetto in combination with astaxanthin
c) saw palmetto in combination with beta sitosterol
d) saw palmetto in combination with astaxanthin AND beta sitosterol

2. Are the possible side effects of saw palmetto (for instance, low libido or impotence) reversible (after I stop taking saw palmetto)? I ask because Propecia can have irreversible side effects, even after you stop taking it.

3. Is the extract of serenoa repens (LSESr):
On the other hand, inhibition by an n-hexane lipid/sterol extract of Serenoa repens (LSESr) was non-competitive and, when expressed in terms of recommended therapeutic doses, was 3-fold greater for LSESr than for finasteride. These studies suggest that LSESr might exert a regulatory inhibitory activity due to its specific lipid/sterol composition.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...hts-comments?p=1139860&viewfull=1#post1139860

exactly the same thing like saw palmetto or is it something different, but very similar?

qerqrqwrqwr

Established Member
Reaction score
1. hellouser, but which form of saw palmetto will be optimal?
a) saw palmetto alone
b) saw palmetto in combination with astaxanthin
c) saw palmetto in combination with beta sitosterol
d) saw palmetto in combination with astaxanthin AND beta sitosterol

2. Are the possible side effects of saw palmetto (for instance, low libido or impotence) reversible (after I stop taking saw palmetto)? I ask because Propecia can have irreversible side effects, even after you stop taking it.

3. Is the extract of serenoa repens (LSESr):

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...hts-comments?p=1139860&viewfull=1#post1139860

exactly the same thing like saw palmetto or is it something different, but very similar?

saw palmetto in combination with astaxanthin AND beta sitosterol AND nettle

- - - Updated - - -

"
An analogy as to how this combo works to maintain good testosterone levels is to think of your precious T being poured into a bucket. There are some round holes on the bottom of the bucket through which your T is leaking (DHT).
Imagine Saw Palmetto being round pegs that plug the holes to prevent the leaks. Now imagine there are square holes around the top of the pail. With the addition of the Saw Palmetto, the T level rises and starts to spill through the top square holes (E). Following this analogy, astaxanthin would be the square pegs that plug the top holes preventing the spillover into estrogen."

"In my post about combining saw palmetto and astaxanthin to positively affect testosterone, an analogy was used to describe how this was achieved in the body. In this post, a leaky bucket of precious testosterone was used for the analogy.

The bucket had round holes in the bottom that the saw palmetto extract plugged and square holes at the top that astaxanthin plugged. Now imagine there is a sponge that is thrown into the bucket that soaks up some of the testosterone. Nettles root extract prevents this loss of testosterone by preventing the sponge from absorbing the testosterone."

it would be easier to get a nettle/palmetto combo pill

and then astaxanthin

only 2 capsules.

2)" I believe that genetics and diet will affect how your body will react to finasteride.

DHT is a more potent form of testosterone, and you have significantly less DHT than testosterone in your body. If you take fanasteride, your body must compensate for the lack of DHT by producing more testosterone. This why, for most people, finasteride raise testosterone.

However, some people may not be able to produce more testosterone because of a bad diet. For example, refined carbonhydrate will drop your testosterone level 25%, no wonder why some people may lack libido if they don't let their body compensate for the lack of DHT via a bad diet."

"If you feel you must use Propecia to maintain hair growth, but are concerned with side effects, you can use it in conjunction with Natural phyto-Estrogen w/Pomegranate Extract to ameliorate or prevent side effects."

qerqrqwrqwr

Established Member
Reaction score
71bq4cZWlHL._SL1500_.jpg

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's meant to be used in combo with finasteride to keep testosterone levels normal and avoid side effects

So if I understand this properly, higher testosterone level prevents from the side effects of Propecia and saw palmetto?

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just lol at this thread

abcdefg

Reaction score
It really is just minoxidil + finasteride thats really all there has been the last 20 years. All the other stuff people mention either was never proven to work or is some experimental chemical that could do anything. I have never seen any natural alternatives that were shown to work. A tiny study might suggest something but its far from the proof say finasteride has.