My RARE Diffuse Crown Thinning Story with Pictures

tonitoni33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I have some kind of diffuse/crown hair loss. My hairline has NOT moved at all since I started to lose my hair 12 years ago which is crazy as I haven't really seen people with this type of hairloss before.

I have been on Rogaine 5% from 2015 to 2024 (except 3 months in 2022 as I had no supply, I lost EVERYTHING as you can see in pics so please do not make the same mistake, do not stop taking minoxidil EVER)

I have just added Finasteride Gel 0.25% two months ago, it seemed to be working great for the first month but since 3 weeks I am losing a lot of hair everyday. I am not sure why and what to do. I feel like the gel is hard to apply in my hair, most of it is on the hair and not the scalp.I am debating finasteride oral 1mg versus Minoxidilmax finasteride/minoxidil topical combo dropper.

2024:

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 10.50.29.png

diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-tmp2xaz4ghuc1.jpg.jpeg
diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-nltmp115ghuc1.jpg.jpeg

2022 after STOPPING minoxidil for 3 months (supply issue)
diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-7l02a115ghuc1.jpg.jpeg
diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-2isf6az4ghuc1.jpg.jpeg

Summer 2021
diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-e0hpby05ghuc1.jpg.jpeg

Early 2020
diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-u8ie4ez4ghuc1.jpg.jpeg

diffuse-thinner-my-story-pictures-from-2017-to-2024-v0-6edbzd15ghuc1.jpg.jpeg

tonitoni33

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try oral minoxidil also and stay on finesteride for at least 6 months.
I don't want to grow hair in other parts of my body honestly.

Finasteride, should I do oral? or like Minoxidilmax finasteride + min combo topical?

tonitoni33

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how much hair I lose when applying minoxidil every morning. I also lose quite some hair in the shower in the evening. The shed has been going on for 2 months now what is going on?
IMG_3845.jpeg

resu

Reaction score
It's not rare, at the crown it usually starts diffuse. On the temples they usually recede but they often diffuse too. Just keep the treatment, part the hair and apply the gel in the trail, that's how I applied minoxidil gel.

tonitoni33

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not rare, at the crown it usually starts diffuse. On the temples they usually recede but they often diffuse too. Just keep the treatment, part the hair and apply the gel in the trail, that's how I applied minoxidil gel.

I don't know why I keep defusing this much. I remember your posts from 6 years ago when you advised me to go finasteride I should have done start right away lol.

I am running out of the finasteride gel 2.5% and I was thinking of trying MinoxidilMax for a product combo Min 5-6% + finasteride 0.2 or 0.3% to replace my current regimen which is Rogaine Foam + finasteride Gel 0.25%

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why I keep defusing this much. I remember your posts from 6 years ago when you advised me to go finasteride I should have done start right away lol.

I am running out of the finasteride gel 2.5% and I was thinking of trying MinoxidilMax for a product combo Min 5-6% + finasteride 0.2 or 0.3% to replace my current regimen which is Rogaine Foam + finasteride Gel 0.25%
Dont worry, finasteride doesnt work anyways.