My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm, I just can't find, how often do you use zix and how do you apply it? Thanks in advance

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm, I just can't find, how often do you use zix and how do you apply it? Thanks in advance

It varies, 1-2 times a day. I should be applying 2x daily, I just get lazy. There were years I was applying only once though.

Joe the creator, recommends 2x day.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick update, I heard years ago from some users that more zinc helps improve the results. I already tripled it and noticed it did help, I never increased it beyond that. At this stage, Im wishing I could get improved results. So I have upped the zinc in my formula yet again yesterday.

I'll let you all know how this goes.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect this may be working (extra zinc) . I showered yesterday and I was rushed and noticed there was less hair in the drain. I was eager to check again today (the next day) .

Took a shower today, and my girlfriend joined me late in the shower, I tried to clear the drain a couple times. Once being at the beginning of the shower, which usually has ten hairs. There was one maybe two.

Then after my gf got in, I just pretended to clear it out. There were maybe 3 more.

I suspect I am losing less than half what I was.

I'll update tomorrow when i have time to do a hair count.

I'm eager to see myself.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect this may be working (extra zinc) . I showered yesterday and I was rushed and noticed there was less hair in the drain. I was eager to check again today (the next day) .

Took a shower today, and my girlfriend joined me late in the shower, I tried to clear the drain a couple times. Once being at the beginning of the shower, which usually has ten hairs. There was one maybe two.

Then after my gf got in, I just pretended to clear it out. There were maybe 3 more.

I suspect I am losing less than half what I was.

I'll update tomorrow when i have time to do a hair count.

I'm eager to see myself.
Can you pm exactly what to get or are those directions on the first page still what you use? How much does this end up being per month? Also any before and after pics? Thanks man

ClearVision

Reaction score
I dont tolerate alcohol well so I have been using the formula with a 25% dmso 75% water solution. I like the way it feels. I also wonder about the Pyridoxal-5-phosphate vs pyridoxine debate. I have read people saying the original study was with pyridoxine. Sometimes I will put both in my solution.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont tolerate alcohol well so I have been using the formula with a 25% dmso 75% water solution. I like the way it feels. I also wonder about the Pyridoxal-5-phosphate vs pyridoxine debate. I have read people saying the original study was with pyridoxine. Sometimes I will put both in my solution.

How is the solution working for you? Notice any changes? Personally I didn't have a great experience with dmso, but I was using it with minoxidil.

Not sure about the b6, I've always used the p5p.

ClearVision

Reaction score
How is the solution working for you? Notice any changes? Personally I didn't have a great experience with dmso, but I was using it with minoxidil.

Not sure about the b6, I've always used the p5p.

After It absorbs in my scalp feels really good I don't feel any kind of itching at all. DMSO is supposed to be anti-inflammatory by its self too.

I also tried adding saw palmetto extract in vegetable at 25% of the whole solution. It seemed to work I just noticed a lower libido with it.

Can you please post what amount in milligrams for each ingredient per ml of solution you are using now? From your earlier post this is what I calculated:

zinc sulfate - 7.3 milligrams per ml of solution
p5p - 2.3 miligrams per ml of solution.

You can get the pure powders easily online and a milligram scale.

You said you increased the zinc and that other people have had success how much more do you think people should try?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you pm exactly what to get or are those directions on the first page still what you use? How much does this end up being per month? Also any before and after pics? Thanks man

Use the directions on the first page. It works out to about $2 month i think, maybe less...

My pics are below. The first was probably around 27 y.o. I had just come off finasteride and minoxidil, I started early, so maintained most of my hair (I was not under a light at the time).

The last is a couple months ago (directly under a halogen bulb), it was a good hair day. My hair has receeded probably close to an inch in the past 12 years, and it's looks pretty thin when it's greasy.

20161013_145144N.jpg 20160813_233919n.jpg

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
After It absorbs in my scalp feels really good I don't feel any kind of itching at all. DMSO is supposed to be anti-inflammatory by its self too.

I also tried adding saw palmetto extract in vegetable at 25% of the whole solution. It seemed to work I just noticed a lower libido with it.

Can you please post what amount in milligrams for each ingredient per ml of solution you are using now? From your earlier post this is what I calculated:

zinc sulfate - 7.3 milligrams per ml of solution
p5p - 2.3 miligrams per ml of solution.

You can get the pure powders easily online and a milligram scale.

You said you increased the zinc and that other people have had success how much more do you think people should try?

Great to hear. I just calculated it at 11mgs/ml of sulfate (was using 7.33mgs/ml until 2 weeks ago), and 2.33mgs/ml of b6 p5p.

Im not sure if the additional zinc is helping, I suspect it is, maybe getting 10/15 hairs less per day, but some days I shed almost as much as I did two weeks ago (30 hairs). I'll keep monitoring.

Otherwise I am taking biotin, I suspect it's helping.

Has your shedding decreased??

Hiphiphipe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
can we replace ethyl alcohol and distilled water by aloe vera? because she is good for absorption.
Thanks for your help

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
can we replace ethyl alcohol and distilled water by aloe vera? because she is good for absorption.
Thanks for your help

I wouldnt say you can, you can always try if you like, but I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt work.

ClearVision

Reaction score
Great to hear. I just calculated it at 11mgs/ml of sulfate (was using 7.33mgs/ml until 2 weeks ago), and 2.33mgs/ml of b6 p5p.

Im not sure if the additional zinc is helping, I suspect it is, maybe getting 10/15 hairs less per day, but some days I shed almost as much as I did two weeks ago (30 hairs). I'll keep monitoring.

Otherwise I am taking biotin, I suspect it's helping.

Has your shedding decreased??

I think so. My hairline got worse for a little bit there. It has only gotten slightly worse over the last ten years. I am planning on getting a transplant then maintaining what I have.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think so. My hairline got worse for a little bit there. It has only gotten slightly worse over the last ten years. I am planning on getting a transplant then maintaining what I have.

Wait a minute, how long have you been using zix? Has it been the past 10 years? If not, what's been your regimen? Would love to hear your story.

ClearVision

Reaction score
Wait a minute, how long have you been using zix? Has it been the past 10 years? If not, what's been your regimen? Would love to hear your story.

I have only been using it a few months. I have had recession at the temples since high school. I took pro hormones and did steroids once when I was 18 so That definitely accelerated it. But since 20 or so it has gone back mostly at the side of the forehead. Im 30 now. I haven't really done much for it though. I am trying to stay on top of it now. I think I am a NW2 but My hair is long so its hard to see.

I haven't been eating gluten for about 5 years now as well.

I also have been avoiding ejaculation for over 10 years now. I still have sex but avoid orgasm. I feel much better mentally that way. Hahaha ;)

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
I love seeing more stories about Zix. Due to Zix being so cheap and easy to make at home, ive decided to give Zix a try. Most people on this forum know me as the Revivogen guy. Revivogen is no doubt the product that halted my hairloss + LLLT. However Revivogen is on the expensive side. So I decided to try Acell/PRP procedure. After the procedure I was told to not wash or use any topicals for atleast 3 days. I decided to just wait 5 days to be safe.

Long story short, I introduced Revivogen back after the procedure (Had procedure done on Nov 25th 2016) I noticed a lot of shedding *but this could be from the Acell/prp* So not to worry I wanted to try something new, Super Zix II.

So I ordered the packet from Joe, and took the 1 zinc tablet and 3 of those B6 pills and put them in the solution. I noticed my solution came out looking white like milk. Joe told me sometimes that happens, sometimes yellow sometimes white. I have now been using Zix for 2 weeks now. Sometimes ill use Zix in morning and revivogen at night, but usually its just all Zix. I am still shedding a lot though, but perhaps this is from Acell. I would even use Revivogen at night only every other day if that can help. I have said Revivogen is successful and halted my hairloss, BUT sometimes I want to save some money. I did the Acell/PRP in hopes of bringing some lost hair back. I'm going to continue to use Zix even if I'm shedding, just to see if it eventually works.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DarkVctry I tried zix II, but didnt like it as much. Maybe I was afraid to stick it out, but the straight up original zix, I like the best. As the addage says, if it aint broke to fix it.

An interesting point about revivogen is that the main components being zinc and P5P is what is supposed to reduce Androgenetic Alopecia. Im posting the ingredients for revivogen here. The point is you can make your zix for peanuts a month or buy revivogen for much more.

SD Alcohol 40, Purified Water, Gamma Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, Oleic Acid, Saw Palmetto Extract, Ethyl Laurate, Beta Sitosterol, Caffeine, Octyl Gallate, Dodecyl Gallate, Pyridoxal 5- phosphate (Vitamin B6), , Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Procyanidin B2 (from Grape Seed or Apple extract), Azelaic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Menthol, EDTA, Perfume

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have only been using it a few months. I have had recession at the temples since high school. I took pro hormones and did steroids once when I was 18 so That definitely accelerated it. But since 20 or so it has gone back mostly at the side of the forehead. Im 30 now. I haven't really done much for it though. I am trying to stay on top of it now. I think I am a NW2 but My hair is long so its hard to see.

I haven't been eating gluten for about 5 years now as well.

I also have been avoiding ejaculation for over 10 years now. I still have sex but avoid orgasm. I feel much better mentally that way. Hahaha ;)

@ClearVision Thanks for the update. Ive been gluten free as well for a little over a year, and have been experimenting being gluten free for a little over 4-5 years. With the odd cheat,which is becoming less and less, and beer excepted, I tend to avoid wheat 99% of the time. Im also having a dry month, so no beer or alcohol for me at all this month. GF has been great for my weight (Im not far off from my college weight - 5/7lbs) and Im 39 years old. I suspect it's because I was on finasteride in college, where I noticed reduced my muscle mass. I feel way better off wheat/gluten (digestion, weight, focus).

Im also trying this no fap, been once in the past 7 months, and 5 months since totally clean. I do have sex with my gf though, and dont hold back there :) I dont think it helps with hair loss, but Im happy to have kicked the habit, it was way too engrained in my daily life, and served no benefit imo.