15 Companies Developing Hair Loss Treatments And Their Current Statuses

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure that would be weird as f***, but that's natural for you to see that in this way. Lol I'm also a balding guy and for sure have the same fear and I can't shave that sh*t even if I'm still a nwd 2ish... Anyway I stand by what I said, plus it's pretty acceptable for women to wear wigs. I wouldn't give a damn if you wear one. Don't worry, better days gonna come...I Hope so
lol you are sweet. The shave is a big leap, and I did regret it for a while but it grew back ok for a while and I was happier not noticing the hair loss. I also had a boyfriend at the time which helped me not to feel like such a freak show because he said he thought I was beautiful anyway. Look, I may even just invest in a wig.. except that’s going to be hard to wear to the gym. f*** it GIVE ME THE CURE NOW YOU ASIAN PRICKS.

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol you are sweet. The shave is a big leap, and I did regret it for a while but it grew back ok for a while and I was happier not noticing the hair loss. I also had a boyfriend at the time which helped me not to feel like such a freak show because he said he thought I was beautiful anyway. Look, I may even just invest in a wig.. except that’s going to be hard to wear to the gym. f*** it GIVE ME THE CURE NOW YOU ASIAN PRICKS.

Girl, that boyfriend was a keeper. I'm so thankful that I found a girl who accepts my problem and whatever comes with it (mood swings etc).

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Typical white girl. My ancestors are Irish. I’m Australian.
OK thanks. There was a woman that used to work out at my gym with very similar facial features as you and also had notably thinning hair at a young age, but i believe she was Persian or some such. Wondered if there was a connection.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Girl, that boyfriend was a keeper. I'm so thankful that I found a girl who accepts my problem and whatever comes with it (mood swings etc).
Lol well he might have been a keeper, but he didn’t want to keep me! Got sick of me being depressed haha. Maybe one day I’ll meet a nice boy who has a fetishis for balding women in relatively good physical shape. Maybe I could try the GI Jane angle.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK thanks. There was a woman that used to work out at my gym with very similar facial features as you and also had notably thinning hair at a young age, but i believe she was Persian or some such. Wondered if there was a connection.
Nah just some mongrel Anglo-Saxon/Celtic hybrid. I have no idea why I look kind of Slavic or Mediterranean (as most tell me).

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol well he might have been a keeper, but he didn’t want to keep me! Got sick of me being depressed haha. Maybe one day I’ll meet a nice boy who has a fetishis for balding women in relatively good physical shape. Maybe I could try the GI Jane angle.

Well that ruined it. No 1 fear that I have with my girlfriend is that someday she might get tired of me thinking this sh*t of mine all the time...

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow, i've never ever complimented a female online before (not even social media friends or anything) but damn georgie you look good. And you seem smarter than most females i've met online and in real life. I'm sure most guys would be happy to date you even with your hair loss, but im also sure its not just about dating here, we all want our hair back as it is part of our identity.

How old are you? and why not just wear a hairpiece?

Also, do you feel any side effects on 2.5 mg oral minoxidil? like dizziniess, headaches, etc? im currently on that dosage for now, fingers crossed
Firstly, thank you very much for your kind comments. I appreciate that a lot. I like to think that I am otherwise in relatively good shape, and do try to use my brain on occasion also haha.

I am 24 years old, and will be 25 in April.
I have done the hair extensions thing and it was annoying and expensive. I had to get them changed every month or so which cost $300 odd each time. I then just shaved my hair off.
I don’t wear hair because I don’t want to hide. If this is my fate, I’d rather just get used to it although it makes me incredibly sad.
I hold onto hope that my hair will stop falling out when I find the right methods to treat it, which In my case probably will be a mixture of hormone replacement, VERY powerful dht blocker/anti androgen therapy, minoxidil and iron supplementation as I am severely iron/ferretin deficient.

I didn’t notice anything too terrible being on a dose of 1-2.5mg oral minoxidil. No heart or breathing issues. However I did try to up my dose to 5mg some weeks ago and found that it make essentially my entire body swell, the worst of which was my face. It also made my skin itchy all over, and I did experience some fatigue and shortness of breath. I just happen to be a very delicate creature. Usually I will have side effects with anything I take. I have seen men on the forum take up to 20mg with no issues. I myself got some awesome initial regrowth only taking 2mg orally, but was and am also using topical 5% 1-2x a day. The only thing is obviously you get darker hair growth all over your body, but that’s not such an issue for a man. I just shave or wax.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys, we may have hit the jackpot with Georgie....
I would like to nominate her to be our official HairLossTalk.com spokesperson; spreading the word that hairloss is a real b**ch and is more than a cosmetic problem. Shes more likely to be heard and noticed than any of our asses would be.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, we may have hit the jackpot with Georgie....
I would like to nominate her to be our official HairLossTalk.com spokesperson; spreading the word that hairloss is a real b**ch and is more than a cosmetic problem. Shes more likely to be heard and noticed to be than any of our asses would be.
Mate with the amount of doctors I have seen, cried to, begged and pleaded with for answers regarding my hairloss and had them shrug their shoulders or laugh in my face, I’d say the chances of me being any better than any of you as a spokesperson is slim to nil. People without hairloss don’t give a f***, that’s why we end up educating ourselves and knowing more than 99% of medical doctors out there about hairloss. WE are our greatest ally and asset. We can hope for replic, shisheido, Follica etc to help us in the longer term, but we are the only ones who give enough fucks right now to do anything about hairloss. Communities like these are essential, because regular people just don’t care.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey ps any of you get some hectic dry eyes, dry skin, and light-headedness on avodart?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mate with the amount of doctors I have seen, cried to, begged and pleaded with for answers regarding my hairloss and had them shrug their shoulders or laugh in my face, I’d say the chances of me being any better than any of you as a spokesperson is slim to nil. People without hairloss don’t give a f***, that’s why we end up educating ourselves and knowing more than 99% of medical doctors out there about hairloss. WE are our greatest ally and asset. We can hope for replic, shisheido, Follica etc to help us in the longer term, but we are the only ones who give enough fucks right now to do anything about hairloss. Communities like these are essential, because regular people just don’t care.
Well said. Ive been lucky to have several doctors actually listen and not laugh, but in the end it doesnt really matter. I like that you said "regular people just dont care" because its been a long time that ive felt like a regular person.
I think the only other people that are born with a condition they can do nothing about, and ridiculed for it, more than us are little people/midgets. It sucks how they are the but of jokes and they just have to take it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lightheaded yes. I got dizzy very easily when i first began taking it.
Ive been on it for years and i dont notice it as much anymore
I think l’ll just drop to EOD and use eye drops. Hair b4 tears.