18 and losing hair fast! (pics)

Jamie1993

Reaction score
Hi, lads.
I just joined this forum because I have noticed my hair receding for the last 1-2 years. It's been getting me down and it's all I can think about, especially when i'm out shopping and see people my age with a full head of hair. If I don't do something now I reckon I'll be bald by the time i'm 23. I'm really just looking for advice on what products to get and where I could get them. From what i've seen on here, finasteride, Rogaine and Nizoral seem to have the best results, but i'm not sure where to get them in Scotland or anywhere in the UK. I know I could just google it but i'd rather hear from people who are in the same situation as me. My right side is far worse than my left.

Attachments

• 120620125165.jpg
    120620125165.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 120620125169.jpg
    120620125169.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 120620125149.jpg
    120620125149.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 260
  • 120620125188.jpg
    120620125188.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 207

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
Get on just finasteride asap, name brand proscar cut into quarters comes to about $70-80, which will last you 4 months. At your stage I would not take minoxidil yet, don't make the mistake I made and wait, I lost my hair in only a year or two.

Propeciahelp scared me shitless and is blown way out of proportion, I've currently been on finasteride for almost 2 months with no sides.
I'm also taking a more powerful dutasteride - everyday first week, every other 2nd, and so on until now when I am currently taking it once a week on wednesdays.

You don't have to take dutasteride also like me, Ij ust have more aggressive hairloss and dutasteride once a week is a little boost.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
get on finasteride, agreed. i'd say get fincar from 4rx or inhouse. my hairloss is basically identical to yours, and i started finasteride just before i turned 19. haven't looked back.

Reaction score
how about your family history of hairloss? Your hair looks exactly how mine looked when male pattern baldness kicked in, slowly thinning out in the front

Jamie1993

Reaction score
2025 said:
how about your family history of hairloss? Your hair looks exactly how mine looked when male pattern baldness kicked in, slowly thinning out in the front

My dad started losing his hair in his late 30's, but his dad has a full head of hair. It seems like it's thinning more and more every month that's why I have to act fast

bryan87

Reaction score
Jamie1993 said:
Has anyone seen a dermatologist and do you think it would be worth me seeing one?

I would suggest that you should see one first. finasteride. has a lot of side effects and I think you should see a dermatologist before jumping on it.

Jamie1993

Reaction score
bryan87 said:
Jamie1993 said:
Has anyone seen a dermatologist and do you think it would be worth me seeing one?

I would suggest that you should see one first. finasteride. has a lot of side effects and I think you should see a dermatologist before jumping on it.

Thank you.